How much?

GoldenMotor.com

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Ok, I'm payin' 1400 buck for a new 22inch Trek mountain bike with the disc brakes, front shocks. Very nice bike. They say it's an "80cc" 2 stroke.Keep in mind this is Canada and we pay aboot 25% more for everything here.... Can I get a YEAH! ?

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I would first find out the cost of the mountain bike brand new and go from there. I've seen a lot of prebuilt bikes for sale for a lot of money and they just slapped a cheap kit on a cheap Walmart bike.

Anyway in the end, it comes down to what you're willing to pay, and whether or not paying that amount is worth it to you to not have to put the thing together yourself.

Just my $0.02

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Bonjour mon ami ...How much did you pay for your suspension,disk brake,quick release, 80cc(maybe 65cc) , 2008 or equivalent? ...The bike is being built for me, and buddy's got to make a buck.I don't mind paying a bit more cause there are no other ways to obtain a motorbike around these here parts. How much, and what setup have you got?.... How 'bout those Hab's?... All the hot chicks are in Montreal. ...

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I just trying to say it's always good to shop around I purchased my bike at Walmart for $129.00 regular price was $249.00 (They made a pricing error and I took advantage of it) with the rack and saddle bag My needs were very specific for commuting
The roads here are not the best so I went for a comfort bike 26 inch and a very strong frame.

I paid about $180 for my so called 80cc from powerking who is located in Canada (Shipping In) so no duty to worry about, plus upgrade which is very normal maybe anouther $200 or so it cost me a total of about $500.00

If i was to build one for some one I would charge 400 to 500 for the labor depending on what is involved in the mounting of the engine If someone offered me 1400 I would sell my bike with pleasure.

Attachments

Last edited:

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Merci Mark...It may be that our purposes for the bikes are different. I am not looking for a commuter bike. I want to take this puppy off-road. I need excercise. I am a little worried about the 32 or 36 tooth sprocket that is to be installed. It "has to be" that small in order to turn under the rear disk brake caliper...Any suggestions? ..ironhorse

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
So's I pick up the new bike (greg) during a 500km round trip. It's a beaut. After attachments it looks like a moto x . I found the same bike only here minus the disc brakes for 550 buck. It's a Trek series 4... Found the front brake does not work as the cable snapped within the splice housing the front and back brake cable.
It's a howl to ride. Although it attracts too much attention. I find myself riding at off hours and in the industrial parks on sundays racing around just to avoid the attention.
Off road it's a blast, but have to keep the speed up or low revs will stall thusly flinging one into the bush. Only 34:confused: tooth sprocket and cannot get larger as the rear calipre prevents it....Any thoughts?

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Why does the caliper prevent it from working?... How is everything mounted back there? Any pics?.... A Top Hat Sprocket Adapter should let it work....

Andrew

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Hiya....The sprocket is small enough that it runs below the rear calipre that grabs onto the disc. If the sprocket were larger, the chain would be blocked by the calipre . I will try and get a pic up.....Not sure what a top hat is ( other than the local strip club). I would really like a larger sprocket in orderto increase climbing ability and reduce speed. It's way too fast for the law here....thanks eh