Host a ride/event/rally kit

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Our new admin, Eric and I have been talking about offering members a kit to make it easy to host get togethers, rides & rallies. Carol and I have hosted a bunch and they are a blast. It's great to hangout with people in person that ya only have met on-line. First one I went to, I learned more in an afternoon than I had learned over my first year MBing.

But this is what we came up with for a host's kit you receive in the mail;

Sign It's one of those little stake in the ground, political like, signs. Has an arrow pointing to where you are so people can find you easier.

2 Shelly Transportation Bicycle dashboards I will post pictures later. They are bolted on, velcroed mounts, mounted to your handlebars that hold your cell phone, (to be used as a radio, speedometer, GPS etc) It can also hold a solar charger and HF free-bee flash lights as head lights. (HF flash lights work great as headlights and its all I use any more. As every time they offer a free coupon, I go there about 12 times, that day, snork. wut?)

One of the dash boards are intended as a gift to the host, and the other to be raffled off to your guests.

Business cards w/ MotorBicycling.com While they are promotion for the forum, it's an easy way to let folks who are curious and come over to ask questions, know about here.
Ya know the usual questions; "How fast does it go?" "Is it legal?" "Where do babies come from?"

To get a kit, Just post an invite in this section about your event. Be sure to include date, time and location. Also, be sure to see if anyone new and introduction section is near ya so ya can shoot em an invite. Nothing says "Welcome" like an invite.
Then, just shoot me a PM with where to mail your kit.

The idea here is to promote the forum, hobby and the social of our thing. And if ya never held a get together, there really isn't much to it. But we'll help ya any way we can. I'll post another thread on how I do em. But really, is just a social, get together. And they are a blast.

The kit is free and meant as a promotion and a thank you, to you.

But that's what we came up with. Any thoughts, ideas or questions? Requests for kits?

.flg.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Update;

The "Host a rally kit" is now comprised of Lawn signs with arrows pointing to your event and 2 safety vests. One vest for the lead rider and one for the follow rider.
(the follow rider and the lead rider should be sure to have each other's cell number for the inevitable break downs)

Along with some swag/goodies for you, the host, and your guests.

Reactions: B-RADs Army

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Greg, it's so funny how it happens every single time when Carol and I host. We lose someone along the way. Last time, the whole party ended up a posse looking for a lost rider. Took a half hr and he was just enjoying the ride, spaced out and stopped following and got lost.
Most of the time, some one breaks down.

But when I'm a guest at some one else's event, no body brakes down or gets lost. Think mine are cursed, lol.

So always exchange cell phone numbers!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
We have been trying to plan a ride through the town of Senoia where the walking dead is filmed, if we can work it out three of us will be filming to get several shots.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome, Greg. PM or text me where to send ya a kit.

They are a blast. First one I went to was in VA. 8 or 9 yrs back. I was the only one on a china gurl. Every one else had really nice Wizzers. And my muffler lost it's guts. Then my gas tank loosened up on first ride and I was holding it up-right with my knee. And some thing else happened.

So I am happily singing at the top of my lungs "I want to ride my bicycle" (it was after lunch and a couple of libations) and screaming at my bike

"NOT IN FRONT OF THE WIZZERS!" LoL. I'll post a link but remember my vid to that song, "I want to ride my bicycle"? It came from that day. Was too funny.

But text or PM me where to send your kit. Eric got us cool signs.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Roo! Just saw this! Not getting notifications. (gotta look into that!)

Will talk to ya but how can we help? Send me an address to send a kit.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I would like to host a camp-n-ride on September 11, 2017, to commemorate those who gave their lives that day. It will be in the Mountain Home, ID area, and the ride will be from the camp site through historic Mountain Home and back. Everyone who can make it is more than welcome.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
KR, there was a screw up (mine) and kit was not sent out until today. Really is my bad but is on way now.

Post lots of pics!

------------------------------------------------

I have always ment to set up a thing when we host. Set up a skype or the like and have it open to folks here on the forum who can't attend.

Any one ever try some thing like that? Would be kinda cool.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The skype thing, KR? I was just thinking/typing out loud. Should have made it a separate post. Really was just a random thought and I always mean to try it.

Pretty much just need a laptop or tablet, I think. Would be fun. Really love and enjoy the folks at our events. Some real characters!

Just getting old and bored with learning new tech stuff every other minute. Moore's law is lapping me! snork

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
The skype thing, KR? I was just thinking/typing out loud. Should have made it a separate post. Really was just a random thought and I always mean to try it.

Pretty much just need a laptop or tablet, I think. Would be fun. Really love and enjoy the folks at our events. Some real characters!

Just getting old and bored with learning new tech stuff every other minute. Moore's law is lapping me! snork
I understand. Will you be attending? It sure would be nice to have you ride with us.