Homelite Super XL 925 Chainsaw

GoldenMotor.com

Neko

May 21, 2008
CoMo (Columbia, MO)
I want to use this engine since it is a 24" bar chainsaw and too much for me to use in the city. and since it is just sitting around I though wouldn't that be great on a bicycle. And here I am posting a thread. Never done this before but am more than willing to give it a go.

thanks for any help that I can get.
Jonas AKA Neko

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Mount up a centrifugal clutch with a #41 size sprocket of 9 teeth and mount the engine to the frame. Then install a 48-50T sprocket on the rear wheel, and connect the two with a #41 chain.

That'll get you started.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can buy a rear sprocket kit from any one of several sellers on ebay or with links here on the left.

#41 chain is available at Tractor Supply Co. or similar stores, motorcycle/mower/toy shops.

You will have to brainstorm up a mount for the bicycle motor that will allow a clear shot to the back wheel/sprocket. You'll have to modify the throttle and make sure you have adequate brakes, you'll need them. Don't be afraid to modify/remove/adjust the cover over the clutch on the power unit.

Git buildin'!

Last edited:

Neko

May 21, 2008
CoMo (Columbia, MO)
Hello and thanks for all the help. I have since bought a chinese motor off ebay other than the clitch handle being really cheap and broke durring install all went well was riding the same day. I go t help for you guy with the kill switch thanks alot. This winter I am going to try and get the chainsaw installed on a bike just got to find the right bike. LOL

(c)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thanks for the update, something we should all try to do more often.

It's always good to know how things went, even if they are going anywhere right now.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I second the need for updates. I am guilty of going the other way and doing too many progress reports on a project. I really am curious to know what worked when a member has a problem and gets ten different suggestions.

jrad

Nov 7, 2009
ca
925 is a great engine to use and you won't need a gear reduction .unless you are scared of speed there is already a gear box with centrifugal clutch.and the engine is easy to mount .I did 50 with a homelite 990

jrad

Nov 7, 2009
ca
I want to use this engine since it is a 24" bar chainsaw and too much for me to use in the city. and since it is just sitting around I though wouldn't that be great on a bicycle. And here I am posting a thread. Never done this before but am more than willing to give it a go.

Jonas AKA Neko

hunjik

Aug 10, 2011
Henniker

Jonas AKA Neko
Would you sell that chainsaw?