Hi and thanks

GoldenMotor.com

ChuckN2JahMusic

Jan 6, 2019
Hi y’all,
Name’s Bert. 36 years old, just finished building my first motor bike. Got the Zelda 80cc 2 stroke kit, from amazon($130ish), for Xmas, from my wife. Had an old mountain bike I got used about a year ago $40 on Letgo.

Not gonna lie, took me about 10 hours total, to get it running right. No experience with bikes or motors of any kind. The instructions that came with it were crap. Had to stop midway and run to the store to buy a tool I didn’t have. Had to learn about clutches, and all that stuff.

I used a combination of videos off YouTube, (some with kinda different kits, but I adjusted) and found a ton of help on your forums!

Had a few false starts. Didn’t install the chain right and it got stuck between the spokes and the rotor. Had to remove the chain and tire, and take that whole rotor apart and release the chain. A gas leak. Removed tank, drain, try again. And a ton of other little issues, that come from not knowing what you’re doing. It was a pain in the ass, honestly. But, worth it, it’s driving nicely. Probably put about 4 miles on it total. Bumps, bruised, scraped, and kinda bloody, hah! Worth it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum Bert, looks like you've got it figured out. I can't tell from the pictures but do you have a support on the muffler? If not I would add one, it will keep the muffler in place and reduces vibration.

ChuckN2JahMusic

Jan 6, 2019
Welcome to the forum Chuck, looks like you've got it figured out. I can't tell from the pictures but do you have a support on the muffler? If not I would add one, it will keep the muffler in place and reduces vibration.
I don’t have a support for the muffler. I would not have even thought of that. I dont think zip ties will work? Would probably melt? Metal wire?