Hi All, from Mountain View, CA.

GoldenMotor.com

CaptJ

Nov 6, 2009
Mountain View, CA
Hi, I’m a newbe here but am retired old guy. I live in Mountain View, CA.
I have owned 14 Harleys, sold all of them. I had a stroke three years ago now I still have some dumbness in my right side, arm and leg but I’m getting better. I peddle around on my 1985 DAHON 16” yellow Getaway 5 folding bike. For longer rides I ride around a lot on my LOREN STEALTH X1 scooter a with 49cc Honda engine. For me the 10” wheels are just too small so I just bought an Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser and plan to install a 49cc Kit Hua Sheng F142 with Grubee Whopper Stopper Stage 11.
I’m not a writer back; I’m a looker seeing what others are doing.
I want to build a good MB without any problems or need a lot of maintenance.
Thank You All
CaptJ

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Captain,
You've come to the right place for advice on building a sound motorized bicycle. Few of us view them as totally dependable daily transportation nevertheless there are quite a few who use them that way. With your mechanical/motorcycle background I doubt you'll have a lot of trouble with the basics but there are any number of little hints and kinks that you can learn here to keep you out of trouble and on the road. Send us some pictures of your bike. We all like to see what the other guy is building.
Tom

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Hello CaptJ,I'm a newbie too I just finished my first bike last month and so far so good,It wasent to hard to build.My bike has been running great and its pretty fast aswell for a 200+ pound guy riding on it.I bought a Raw 80cc kit from Rawmotorsusa,for $120 bucks,great kit thous far.heres a couple of pics of my bike,also I mounted a gps to the handle bars,and it works great!!.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Hello CaptJ,I'm a newbie too I just finished my first bike last month and so far so good,It wasent to hard to build.My bike has been running great and its pretty fast aswell for a 200+ pound guy riding on it.I bought a Raw 80cc kit from Rawmotorsusa,for $120 bucks,great kit thous far.heres a couple of pics of my bike,also I mounted a gps to the handle bars,and it works great!!.
hey where did you get those decals

CaptJ

Nov 6, 2009
Mountain View, CA
Thanks all, I’ll be looking at that G4 kit with the HS 49cc. I’ll posting pictures of my bike as the project gets going. I’m slow! I need to learn how post pictures. Your pictures look great.
James

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I got the decals at walmart in the automotive section,for 5 bucks.their holding up pretty go to ,i've spilt gas,oil,rain and their still sticking on the bike.