Hey everybody.....

GoldenMotor.com

David Wheaton

Sep 5, 2019
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi! My name is David. New to the forum, built my two-stroke monster over a year ago and have been upgrading parts on it ever since.

Having some issues starting it now that I’ve just upgraded to the DIO Racing cylinder & reed valve setup with the 21mm pwk OKO carburetor. I have spark, spark plug is wet so gas is getting to it. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Jackelope84

David Wheaton

Sep 5, 2019
Great looking bike!, Oh and welcome to the forum.

Have you made certain that you have spark?
Yeah I figured out the problem: a clip that holds my piston rod in place became loose and literally punched a hole in the side of one of my transfer ports before ending up in between the piston and the head of my motor where it literally disintegrated after denting the **** out of the top of the piston and the bottom of my head. Ouch...

Luckily though I just ordered a 9.5Hp Case Reed FRANKENSTEIN motor from Zeda Motorsports! Can't wait for it to get here.

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum David. Bad one for sure. Post up your impression of the Zeda case induction engine when you get it finished and photos as well.

Rick C.

Tim Paint

Oct 3, 2019
Just got done building my first gas bike and the more I learn about this stuff the more I want to order on of those Frankenstein engines but I’m hesitant due to so many bad reviews on those guys. But they do seem like they build a motor that will go fast. I guess haters are going to hate. I want to build a real professional gas bike next and that Frankenstein might be the start Of it. Let us Know how you like it and post some pics.

David Wheaton

Sep 5, 2019
OH YEAH!!!

My apologies but I could barely contain my excitement. My bike is finished and it’s possibly the coolest thing i’ve ever ridden! I’m starting a thread over in the Media section if the forum. It will have full pictures, as well as a video from the rider’s seat

And did I mention it was.....INSANELY FAST?!?!? The torque is absolutely incredible, and it tops out at about 55mph with a 36-tooth sprocket right now, and I haven’t even tuned the carb!

I’d absolutely recommend the FRANKENSTEIN 9.5Hp Case-reed motor from Zeda, but only IF you don’t have a problem with heavy modification. I’ll explain more in the thread I post all about it in the media section!!!

Attachments

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Congrats I've been waiting a while for actual details of the user mods required to bring this to life on this motor project. 10 plus horsepower has been pulled out of Arrow race motors and other reed engines but case inducted is a step in a better direction if it's done well. I'll look forward to more details.

The billet block with case induction would be a worthy step in making the built 66cc engines bullet proof.

Rick C.