Help with First Build

GoldenMotor.com

GavCartz

Dec 28, 2018
Hey, I’m new here and new to motorized bikes in general, was looking to start my first build simple but clean looking but needed input from experience builders to avoid any mistake, to begin I was wondering if this bike ( https://m.imgur.com/a/sZJLGN3 ) (critical cycles chatham men’s cruiser) would make a good base, was planning to use one of the cheaper amazon motor kits (50cc) as it’s my first build and budget is small me being still in highschool but I’m open to any other motor/bike suggestions!
Thanks for stopping by to help!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, that bike looks like it will have enough room for the engine. Look in the cruiser sub section and you'll find many builds.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Welcome. That frame looks like a good start, you will need front brakes though. Also, I recommend that you get a 66cc. It's easier to find parts for the bigger motors and if you get the smaller engine you will just want to upgrade it to a more powerful one in a month.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I agree the 66cc has more power but not by a whole lot, 8-10mph is the difference in mine. The smaller engine is much smoother, I like riding it more. I've added front bmx side pull brakes to mine, look for 96mm reach or longer for cruiser tires.