1. Sorry for any interruption today/tomorrow. We'll be upgrading the site software. The usability will be very similar, as it's just an upgraded version of the same software. It's a necessary upgrade for security purposes. The exact timing is a little uncertain as there are a few moving parts. The most likely time that we will be taking the site down will be Wed 6/3 around 9am EST. The upgrade should take 2-3 hours. Thanks for your patience through the update.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Should I buy this Motorized Western Flyer!?

Discussion in 'Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles' started by Meljago, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Meljago

Meljago New Member

Found a beautiful Western Flyer with motor (that i dont think is original but the seller does). I think its a 52, but I dont know. Serial is MON 22x10 123646. There is some dry rot on the tires but nothing going through- I think I could ride it for a while before needing to replace them. Here are some pictures. And the guy wants $475. What do you think? (Also- I think the ornament is for something else, yes?

Attached Files:

2. kevyleven007

kevyleven007 Active Member

If it rides solid maybe $200.Only buy if you really want to ride it .

3. Meljago

Meljago New Member

Thanks Kevyleven007 for responding! I missed out. Some crazy person showed up and offered him $600 for it! It wasn't meant to be. I've decided to find a motor and trick out my old Huffy that has a similar body style as the old flyers. (Nowhere near as cool as the Flyer, but I already own it and FREE is king!) Now I am on the hunt for engines. Any advice there would also be appreciated. Ill post pix of my Huffy when I can.

4. SpecializedMountainMoto

original engine ehh, lol