HELP MY CLUTCH IS GONE

GoldenMotor.com

cakes_bikie

Feb 16, 2020
Hello all,

I a very new to this forum and just found out a way to post. I'll quickly get to the point. . . So, I was riding my newly built bike (that I've ridden around 1 and a 1/3 tanks) and I stopped the engine to go to the bathroom. When I returned and tried to start the motor by pedalling first by pulling in the clutch lever, there was hardly any tention on the clutch and the back tyre did not spin freely. I don't know why, and I had a really hard time starting the motor since the clutch wasn't working and the tyre didn't spin freely. (Btw, when I pull the clutch lever in, the clutch arm moves like it is supposed to just without any tention like it is supposed to have.) When I got home, I disconnected the clutch cable from the clutch arm and tried to move it to see if the clutch is hitting against that pin thing (I'm new to this) but the clutch arm just moved freely all the way in without hitting the small rod inside of the engine. I've never had this problem so I've got no idea what to do, please help!

Attachments

kaneto

Jun 6, 2016
Bulgaria
Take off the sprocket cover and see if the cam that is connected to the clutch arm isn't broken or rounded of really badly, and that it's moving with the clutch arm.

cakes_bikie

Feb 16, 2020
Take off the sprocket cover and see if the cam that is connected to the clutch arm isn't broken or rounded of really badly, and that it's moving with the clutch arm.
Yup, just found the issue. I think. The thread on the clutch shaft was gone, preventing the gear from being attached to the motor. I'm not sure if this issue and the bike rolling freely with the clutch not pulled in is related, so please let me know. Cheers for the reply.