Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ratfink64, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Ratfink64

Ratfink64 New Member

.trkFinally I Joined! After Almost 8 Years of Reading and Many Updates Modifications to a Bike. I Refer to as The Red Monster. I Started with a Nice Nirve Switchblade.
    A Kings Motor Kit. Then Port Matched Intake & Exhaust. Larger Carb. Long Foo Foo Exhaust.
    Lights Powered with a 12 Volt Gen. And a Honda Trail 50 Seat Grafted to the Bike Seat.
    I have the Monster on GPS @56 Khm. Not Real Good on Fuel at High Speeds! But Fun!
    After Riding Law Abiding for about 8 Years. I Got Ticketed for $4200. Stopped Riding.
    Now I'm going Law Abiding Electric Riding. Hope You all Enjoy the Monster Pictures.
    I Will Post Pictures of the New Build in the Electric Forum.

#1 Ratfink64, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. TheNecromancer13

How did they justify writing you a $4200 ticket if you weren't breaking any laws?

3. Ratfink64

Ratfink64 New Member

No Registration or Insurance. Just Some Peace Officer Power Tripping!

4. Kioshk

Kioshk Active Member

FOUR THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS?!? That wasn't a typo? What was the break-down of charges?!?

5. bikesnipe

bikesnipe New Member

Been riding for 2years bilt 5bikes never had a problem

6. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Hi Ratfink64,

I've advised people on here for years that if your in Canada you are in line for for up to $5,000 in fines for operating an unlicensed, uninsured motor vehicle if you have a gasoline engine on a bicycle.. Federal law in Canada.

Only electric bikes not over 500w and not over 32 Km or 20mph. You just hit a police officer who knew the law. Sorry to hear it happened to you.

Steve.