Hello, I need some ideas for a muffler for a CDHPOWER expansion chamber

GoldenMotor.com

NotKamiZoo

Jan 28, 2023
So this is the exhaust im working with :)

i dont ride it because of how loud it is and i dont want to upset people, but id love to ride it more when i get a decent working muffler, I dont have heaps of budget but i got 50 bucks :) Thanks.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It’s the end of a top rail for chain link fence, the reduced end slides over the stinger and is a tight fit, I have a set screw and mounting bracket on it too. If you make a silencer add a mounting bracket to it because the added weight will break the factory bracket. Here’s another, I used what I had in the shop on this one.
F4DD7BAC-E466-4A07-981B-4B83B92096DC.jpeg

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

NotKamiZoo

Jan 28, 2023
It’s the end of a top rail for chain link fence, the reduced end slides over the stinger and is a tight fit, I have a set screw and mounting bracket on it too. If you make a silencer add a mounting bracket to it because the added weight will break the factory bracket. Here’s another, I used what I had in the shop on this one. View attachment 112285
Woah, that looks good as, Can you explain how you built it a bit more.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The first one was simple, I welded a washer the diameter of the pipe to the big end of the top rail then used a section of the pipe out of a stock muffler as the stinger. I then drilled a hole in the side of the small end and welded a nut on so I can run a bolt through it as a set screw. I welded a bracket on the silencer that bolts to the clutch cover mounting screws. I used a longer clutch cover bolt and added a lock nut on the back. The length of the pipe is a matter of choice, I made mine just long enough to get the exhaust and noise behind me.

Reactions: NotKamiZoo

NotKamiZoo

Jan 28, 2023
The first one was simple, I welded a washer the diameter of the pipe to the big end of the top rail then used a section of the pipe out of a stock muffler as the stinger. I then drilled a hole in the side of the small end and welded a nut on so I can run a bolt through it as a set screw. I welded a bracket on the silencer that bolts to the clutch cover mounting screws. I used a longer clutch cover bolt and added a lock nut on the back. The length of the pipe is a matter of choice, I made mine just long enough to get the exhaust and noise behind me.
Ah cheers perfect, im going to give that a shot

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That’s the second design rear mount, the first didn’t fit the seat tube like I wanted, the one on it now wraps around the tube and is double clamped.

Reactions: Mossy