Hello from ZnsaneRyder

GoldenMotor.com

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Hello everyone here at motorbicycling!!!

I was mainly posting at motoredbikes, and wanted to be a member here as well.

I'm here because I share the same love as most of you folks here, that's riding my Motorized bicycle.

However, I have this craving for high speed and horsepower, so I put a large engine behind the bike on a trailer! :D 6.5HP 196cc of pure insanity and 49MPH top speed!!!! Here is an older picture of my trailer before painting it black and getting a new bike, but as you see, a trailer is what it takes to harness the blue beast!!!:ride:

I've been riding now for 4 months, and I'm addicted to motorized bikes, and LOVE the 100MPG and the pure joy of riding! Now I love to ride my bike again!

On top of that, I love riding my bike so much, I'm also now in the process of building a new 4-stroke 80cc, 2.5HP bicycle for higher MPG, and ease of riding.

Happy Riding everyone
ZnsaneRyder

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum.

That is one insane rig you got there....very imaginative, I LOVE IT!

Having said that, I will tell you something you already know.

Be careful....be VERY careful.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ahhhhhhh, Ok. Ahhhhh, wow. Welcome to the forum! We are glad your here! I see a hand truck with a motor on it. (c) How do you control it? Wheres the throttle?

Last edited:

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I think I might've missed saying welcome. Post often. We're glad to have you ZnsaneRyder.

You know, it looks like you were wheeling that HF motor over to the bike to install and said to yourself " Hey! Wait a minute!" rotfl

Atomic Zombie has plans for homebuilt or modified regular hubs that would allow you to put say, 16" or 20" bike wheels on your pusher truck. Is that a 5/8" axle on the truck?

I wonder if they have a class for the quickest and easiest motorized bike in the contest?

Ted

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Znsane, hello and welcome. The "blue Beast" is awesome!! Can you post more pics? Trying to figure out your hitch. I want to do a pusher with a greyhound 2-1/2 HP Horizontal OHV Gas Engine.
I just got one of those engines too, lol!

I'm putting that one rack mounted on the bike. It would be great for a trailer.

For a trailer, the 2.5 would be easier than the 6.5HP IMO. The 6.5HP breaks stuff from the torque, and is really heavy, so everything has to be built really well. You can get away with more with the 2.5HP, and it may be easier to control. I got a #41 chain 5/8 shaft-clutch for mine, so it's strong for the engine size.

Hilliard Extreme-Duty Centrifugal Clutch and parts

Have fun with your trailer! Post it here when it's done!!!

-ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Cool Znsane! What are your thoughts on the new motor? There is a lot of interest in it.

http://motorbicycling.com/f23/15-off-harbor-freight-3-day-4716-3.html#post46316
I like mine so far. It sounds big and deep toned for an 80cc engine, and has torque.

Box said 24.80 lbs shipping weight. It's heavy, but not too heavy for a bike or trailer.

It runs good, but I still have to break it in on a bike when I finish my build. Nice engine, the build quality I observed doesn't seem as good as my Lifan 6.5HP, although, they are similar. I had to remove the gas tank to bend a metal bracket to get the idle right, and the throttle screw was so tight you couldn't move the throttle lever at all. Once I made those fixes, everything is good from there. It revs fast and works great with the 2300RPM Hillard clutch I have for it.

If you want to use this engine, give it a shot. I will be using the 2.5HP hoping to get much more than the 100MPG of the 6.5HP engine.

The 80cc 2.5HP is cheap compared to a typical 35 or 50cc 4-stroke bike motor, so you get a good deal, and more HP for your Dollar.

However, you still can't beat the HP/$ of the 6.5HP. However, size and weight has consequences, so that's why I'm going with the smaller and lighter 2.5HP instead for my 2nd build.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Znane, I put a link form this thread to the thread I posted above which of course will cause a rift in the time/space Continuum. But is OK as it should be destroyed as nothing has the right to have 2 "U"s in it's name.

Pain pills are fun. Pain, not so much.

(Don't hit enter, don't hit enter, don't....)

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Hey Znsane you know if you pull the rope start housing there is an end of the crankshaft there. On the Greyhound. I haven't yanked mine off yet but we did it often to mount hydraulic pumps, etc. on garden tractors (my other hobby).

Sometimes we mounted straight to the top of the flywheel.

Mine is still boxed up. Is there a notch in the housing for an electric starter? Would probably only need to shrink a ring gear on it if there is. I'm sure there's a notch on the 6.5 HP.

Electric start would be kinda kewl. :D On a 1900 type bike. Or even on a pusher. :)

Ted

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Ted, you have to show up for one of the east coast events next yr. I owe you a cup of coffee or a beer.
I'd love to take you up on that. Colombian, roasted dark. But not burned (like $tarbucks). Gave up beer years ago. It made me want to shoot at tax collectors.

And miss.

You're up later than I am. :p

Ted

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Burnt Coffee

I'd love to take you up on that. Colombian, roasted dark. But not burned (like $tarbucks). Gave up beer years ago. It made me want to shoot at tax collectors.

And miss.

You're up later than I am. :p

Ted
I see that I am not the only one who thinks there coffee is burnt Duncan Donut is real good too but pricey

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Hey Znsane you know if you pull the rope start housing there is an end of the crankshaft there. On the Greyhound. I haven't yanked mine off yet but we did it often to mount hydraulic pumps, etc. on garden tractors (my other hobby).

Sometimes we mounted straight to the top of the flywheel.

Mine is still boxed up. Is there a notch in the housing for an electric starter? Would probably only need to shrink a ring gear on it if there is. I'm sure there's a notch on the 6.5 HP.

Electric start would be kinda kewl. :D On a 1900 type bike. Or even on a pusher. :)

Ted
I wasn't sure if you could add an E-start to the 6.5. I did replace the rope in the pull-starter before, and didn't notice a spot for it. I wonder if it will take one or if it needs a mod. I believe you also need a new flywheel with a big ring gear for an electric start.

I'd be interested in electric start for both the 2.5 and 6.5.
However, I'm more interested in making a working charging system for the engines. I know on an E-start engine, it has an extra coil next to the magneto for charging the 12V starting battery. I'd like to see if that could be added to these engines, and I would not mind winding a coil if I had to, I just would want to know I could mount it.

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I wasn't sure if you could add an E-start to the 6.5. I did replace the rope in the pull-starter before, and didn't notice a spot for it. I wonder if it will take one or if it needs a mod. I believe you also need a new flywheel with a big ring gear for an electric start.
That's what I meant by sweating on a ring gear. It might be simpler by swapping the flywheel cause you also need magnets for the coil. They can be epoxied on but . . .

I'd be interested in electric start for both the 2.5 and 6.5.
However, I'm more interested in making a working charging system for the engines. I know on an E-start engine, it has an extra coil next to the magneto for charging the 12V starting battery. I'd like to see if that could be added to these engines, and I would not mind winding a coil if I had to, I just would want to know I could mount it.
An added charging system goes hand in hand with E-starting. Most of the added starters to early Harleys (even late models) use a starter coupled via the primary chain. Think combination starter/generator/chain tensioner if there's no room under the flywheel for the starter.

You can find a starter off a lawn mower pretty cheap. Remember, though, that they are intermittent duty only. They use a Bendix drive to engage/disengage. The bearings wouldn't take a constant spin. Unless, maybe, a bearing upgrade. Even then, brush wear might be a problem.

Just some random thoughts running around from ear to ear. :rolleyes:

Ted