Hello from the UK

GoldenMotor.com

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Hi everyone,

I've not got my motorized bike yet and i'm still in the planning stages. Hoping to have one completed by xmas though to use as my daily commute (20 miles) and for a bit of fun on the weekends.

I live in Warrington, UK and from what i can see, engine options are pretty limited over here unless i import. There's 2 uk companies that sell chinese kits on ebay for around £200 for an 80 (69.7)cc.

Anyone else from the uk or can anyone else recomend an engine for my first conversion?

Bike wise, i'll be using my old Apollo XC26 mountain bike as it has the perfect frame dimensions for one of these chinese kits.

Gav

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
welcome to the forum, Evo...been to UK in Staines and Egham...don't know any chengine dealers in UK, but you have a lot of bicycle parts there that are hard to find. I think it would be easier for you to get the Morini engine which I believe is more reliable and more powerful, but I think more expensive, but would be worth it. It does'nt come as a kit. You'll have to fabricate your own engine mounts, muffler, fuel tank, throttle, etc. You can use some Goped parts for this. I would have bought a Morini if the seller would ship to Asia, but maybe next time...

BTW, got any picture of that frame... I'm also looking for a good frame...Aluminum frames are not advisable for these chengines...Steel, Cromoly, or Titanium are ideal.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome!

I could be wrong but 200 pounds seems a bit high. Here we pay 100-250 dollars for the chinese kits.

I would talk to the vendors and get the best price and warranty you can.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I wouldnt bother... unless you SVA/Register/Insure.. these bikes are illegal in the UK. Theres so many stupid rules its just not worth the time and trouble.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Can you tell me the email address for a motori(s)ed bike club in England? I joined one there once and it was fun, but lost it. KW

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
You can get info from the web. An email address is included on thier site, most of the time. Google, motorized bike clubs/UK

Last edited:

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
6 points! thats a bit harsh isn't it! Oh well, i'll have to make sure i keep my finger over the kill switch in anticipation. Still undeterred tho. Gonna be doing the Trans Pennine trail on it with a few mates who are gonna be getting them in the new year - a bit of escapism (from the wife and kids).

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
It doesnt matter if you kill the motor or you dont use it... so long as its on the bike its a moped so far as the police are concerned.. so they'll charge you anyways.. and thats the minimum you can expect in fines and points etc

Jemma xx