Hello from Minnesota!

GoldenMotor.com

LuciferJesusRides

Aug 17, 2019
Minnesota
I have been getting knowledge from this forum for a while and decided to sign up today and say hello. Hello! I have built 4 bikes over the last 6 years or so. All 2 stroke china girls of various quality, 2 66cc and 2 50cc. My current toy is one of those 1 piece cylinder/head deals. Cleaned and matched the ports, slightly modded the stock exhaist and put on a 40t sprocket and hub adapter. So far got her up to 33 on a windy day. Hoping to do some more soon. Anyhow.. Nice to meet you guys. If there is anyone in Minnesota, we should ride. I have another friend that I turned onto this world and he loves it as much as I do.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Quite the handle you got there LJR and welcome aboard.
Can't help you as I am in Wisconsin.
My brother in law lives in the Powder Horn neighborhood just South of Uptown Minneapolis. He claims to see motorized bikers about as often as he see's the double high bikes
Tom from Rubicon

Reactions: indian22

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Old fart here from Brainerd, no bike going at this time, but working on one. Welcome, there is another young guy that has a couple in my neighborhood...........Curt

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Just so you know LJR,
I think Curt has been this game before I started shaving.

I was visiting a friend in Kaneville Illinois Thirty years ago and we were standing out on the road when a bunch of at least a dozen motor bicyclers came thru and I hailer them down. They were Whizzer riders. I haven't been the same since,
Tom

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Just so you know LJR,
I think Curt has been this game before I started shaving.

I was visiting a friend in Kaneville Illinois Thirty years ago and we were standing out on the road when a bunch of at least a dozen motor bicyclers came thru and I hailer them down. They were Whizzer riders. I haven't been the same since,
Tom
LOL,! Think my first ride was in 1955, friction drive made out of old cut out car generator so armature run against the tire, old kick start Briggs washing machine motor. Then bought a Monark twin with paper route money. Engine went bad so built one, then come my model A Ford, girls, until a few years ago. Road another motor bike and was hooked again...........Curt

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Curt's been doing it since I was four years old
My first two wheel memory is from the same time, my cousin Arvid was riding a 1948 Harley FL and I kept hounding him for a ride until he picked me up and sat my in front of him and rode me around the block. That was sixty four years ago and I have been some kind of biker ever since.
Tom

LuciferJesusRides

Aug 17, 2019
Minnesota
Thats awesome guys! Makin me feel like a baby. My first ride was a China girl build that I did myself. There is something about building and riding your own transportation. I just love doing work on my lottle 2 stroke motor. Soon I will be building an in-frame tank, and an x-chamber. Maybe some additional porting work.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Curt's been doing it since I was four years old
My first two wheel memory is from the same time, my cousin Arvid was riding a 1948 Harley FL and I kept hounding him for a ride until he picked me up and sat my in front of him and rode me around the block. That was sixty four years ago and I have been some kind of biker ever since.
Tom
I can remember that, riding on a cousins Harley gas tank, LOL be back in the late 40’s. Also built a bed rail frame go-kart , worked good, till the cops made me stop riding it. Had hard rubber tires , glad I didn’t have much money into it. Good old days.........Curt

Last edited:

Tim Paint

Oct 3, 2019
45 and just built my first gas bike. I’m hooked all the way. It was so much fun, I haven’t even got the motor broke in yet and I’m ready to build another. I would like to build one with the gas tank in the frame as well. And a very nice motor that has a balanced crank and ported professionally. I’m impressed with the Fred guy CR Machinery. I think that’s it. He’s motors are expensive but as a professional in my trad I know you get what you pay for, my work is not cheap either.

Attachments