Hello From Houston.

GoldenMotor.com

Green Goblin

Oct 23, 2022
Started my first build in June 2022. Looking to share what I've learned and learn what others have to share.

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
Started my first build in June 2022. Looking to share what I've learned and learn what others have to share.
This place is a grave yard used to be thousands everybody is on different platforms now .
What have learned about motorized bicycles since you got it . I like talking bikes . I rode through Houston a few times 22 lanes of traffic wow . I just purchased a 50cc yesterday. It doesn't come in till nov 4th.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
This place is a grave yard used to be thousands everybody is on different platforms now .
What have learned about motorized bicycles since you got it . I like talking bikes . I rode through Houston a few times 22 lanes of traffic wow . I just purchased a 50cc yesterday. It doesn't come in till nov 4th.
Have you ever considered a shifter build?

Reactions: Jarrod

Green Goblin

Oct 23, 2022
My first lessons before I even started the engine: Take the engine apart and examine, inspect, adjust, grease and tighten everything. Had a crank case gasket leak on a brand new engine and removed the damaged paper gasket and used Permatex MotoSeal Ultimate Grey RTV Gasket Maker instead of buying a new gasket. It is specifically made for two stroke crankcase halves. Make sure the magneto is oriented correctly so the timing is right. Clean the gas tank before first use and use a quality fuel filter. The stock fuel filter came loose on the inside and failed; causing debris from the uncleaned tank to clog the needle valve in my carb and flood the engine. Watched a s#!t ton of YouTube videos such as: Remove the fenders that came with the bike THEY CAN KILL YOU!
So can the chain tensioner that comes in the kit unless its modified so it wont tip into the spokes. I just replaced it with a BBR Tuning Arch Chain Idler Tensioner. Anyway, these are some of the beginner lessons I learned.

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
My first lessons before I even started the engine: Take the engine apart and examine, inspect, adjust, grease and tighten everything. Had a crank case gasket leak on a brand new engine and removed the damaged paper gasket and used Permatex MotoSeal Ultimate Grey RTV Gasket Maker instead of buying a new gasket. It is specifically made for two stroke crankcase halves. Make sure the magneto is oriented correctly so the timing is right. Clean the gas tank before first use and use a quality fuel filter. The stock fuel filter came loose on the inside and failed; causing debris from the uncleaned tank to clog the needle valve in my carb and flood the engine. Watched a s#!t ton of YouTube videos such as: Remove the fenders that came with the bike THEY CAN KILL YOU!
So can the chain tensioner that comes in the kit unless its modified so it wont tip into the spokes. I just replaced it with a BBR Tuning Arch Chain Idler Tensioner. Anyway, these are some of the beginner lessons I learned.
Sounds like all well earned advice thank you. You must have gotten it running pretty good then. That's great
I would have to admit I'm not exactly a beginner in this. I built one some time ago it's been awhile. I used to lurk around here in the early 2000's . It was a wealth of information of trial and error .

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
I see your bike in your profile sweet bike ‍♂

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Very cool how does she ride ?
This is the bike i used to go across America.
Triple chainring shifter, 33cc, I live in the mountians and weigh 230 lbs. Set up is on it's second bike. Been riding for 12 years. Have conversations almost every place I stop.

Use a color-coded shifting system.
IMG_20220824_132527.jpg