Hello from Florida

GoldenMotor.com

SloRyd

Jun 25, 2020
Hey y'all. New to motorized bikes but have been racing dirt bikes since the late 70's and wrenching on them and Harleys for 40 years...learned from my old man. Currently playing with a 66cc China Girl motor kit on a Mtn Bike frame...runs pretty good and finished it last Friday night. Still in the break in stage but power is getting much better by the day it seems. Fun little new hobby. Posted are pictures of my Street Glide, kids CR125 and my neighborhood runner.
SG.jpg
CR125.jpg
Orange Crush.jpg

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Glad to have you here. Are you off roading or street riding or both? Though some don't care much for them, you might want to get a suspension seat post for more comfort. If street riding get a bicycle computer to monitor your speed. You may want a techometer so that you don't over rev

SloRyd

Jun 25, 2020
Glad to have you here. Are you off roading or street riding or both? Though some don't care much for them, you might want to get a suspension seat post for more comfort. If street riding get a bicycle computer to monitor your speed. You may want a techometer so that you don't over rev
Mostly street riding but when I do go off road, I usually just stand on the pedals. Using a speedometer app on my iPhone that works really well.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Mostly street riding but when I do go off road, I usually just stand on the pedals. Using a speedometer app on my iPhone that works really well.
Hopefully you're in an area where the police don't bother you. This forum is full of horror stories about harassment when street riding. You may be fine where you're at but a ride in another town might mean getting a ticket for not meeting the requirements of RS-68. This is a procedure which allows Florida residents to make a self built moped using a bicycle frame.

SloRyd

Jun 25, 2020
They're not legal around here....but mine is fairly quiet and I haven't approached any police yet during any of my rides. I fake pedal occasionally so it appears like i'm not under engine power when riding in case i'm approached from the rear and don't notice an officer driving past me from behind. With it being in the high 90's here, they have their windows up and their AC cranked up, so I wonder if they'd even hear it. I've seen several other guys on them riding around so I also wonder if the police just don't seem bothered by enforcing it that seriously as long as you're not driving erratically. With all the Covid stuff going on, they probably have other stuff to focus on then someone just trying to enjoy a hobby :)