Hello From Central Illinois!

GoldenMotor.com

MadMadRonin

Mar 13, 2020
Hello all,
Name's Ronin, I live near Springfield IL, early 40's, jack of all trades and semi-retired from the tech arena. I've built one motorized bike, a mountain bike with a 2 stroke motor, and I'm working on making a chopper out of the ever popular and apparently frustrating Schwinn OCC Chopper (20" rear model). I've done a bit of research, and will probably still muck it up the first time around, but that's the "fun" for me.

I thank you all for the information you've shared, and I hope to be able to do you all justice.

Cheers,
MadMadRonin

Reactions: FOG

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, sorry we missed your post. You can learn a lot from the forum, we have all made mistakes and like to share them here to keep others from doing the same.( I’m a expert at doing it wrong the first time)

Reactions: FOG and MadMadRonin

MadMadRonin

Mar 13, 2020
Welcome to the forum, sorry we missed your post.
No worries mate, I understand. :)

You can learn a lot from the forum, we have all made mistakes and like to share them here to keep others from doing the same.( I’m a expert at doing it wrong the first time)
Definitely perusing the crap out of the forums to find out what not to do as well as what to do. I had hoped to reach CrazyHorse about my project, I'm following his advice on stretching the OCC frame, but I don't have a second frame for parts so I am going to have to use rectangle bar (can't seem to find oval/radius'd tube) for the bottom bar. Anyone have a quickie lead on a thread regarding how to mount the motor with CH's rectangle bar suggestion for the stretch? Pedalchoppers replied and said nobody makes a mount for square tubing, so I may have to fabricate my own.

I'll be searching as well, but a friendly tip is always fun!

Cheers mates!

MadMadRonin

Mar 13, 2020
Peoria here (^)
Nokomis here(p).

I'll have to start a thread about my build, but quick update, I got a second frame from Jim at PedalChoppers.com. So, I've stripped the paint off of one frame and started on the second. Next will be chopping the frames and welding 'em back together.