Hello and of course questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Padanew, May 9, 2008.

1. Padanew

Padanew New Member

Hi my name is Padanew. I am interested with learning about motorized bicycles as a way of saving gas and applying my interest in mechanical devices. I already own a bicycle that is still in good shape. I am in good shape with a lot of lower body strength. Which puts me at over 300lbs. Okay, now for the questions.

1. I would like to know who is the best dealer in bike kits?

2. What size engine should I go with?

3. How well does the engine handle hills?

4. I have seen some engine models. Some mount inside the frame while others mount over the rear tire. Which is the best and why?

5. Are there any books I could read about to help me to understand more?

6. What are the most common problems that you run into and how do you fix them?

7. What are the rules regarding use in the U.S.A.?

8. Is there anything else you can think of that I would need to know about that I not experienced enough to know about?

I know this is a lot of questions. I hope you can answer them. Thank you for your time and attention.

2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Also, looky here-this will help you aviod most problems right off and will make your frame mount bicycle motor kit most enjoyable! http://motorbicycling.com/f30/bicycle-motor-preperation-care-354.html

3. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Padanew, welcome to the forum. Looks like Joe answered most of your questions. I don't think I could add anything to what he said. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. I have two center frame mounts. They run great and are fun to ride.........................

4. paul

paul Active Member

welcome to the site. glad to have you with us. we are all here to help each other with our motorized bicycles (^)

5. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

Welcome,
    I encourage you to take on the challenge. If someone with my low level of mechanical skills can do it anyone can.

I bought my kit on ebay, all the after the sale information you need is here. However after the sale parts are pretty hit or miss. In other words if you get a bad component some dealers will help some won't.

I don't recommend any particular dealer over another. pay your dollar take your chances. A lot of the ebay dealers are just passing on the kit and they are less expensive I think. If you want to pay for services you might not need then go with the more expensive dealers I guess

6. nogoodnic

nogoodnic New Member

Welcome to the group and enjoy the ride...Kelly:ride2: