Hello all my name is Connor!

GoldenMotor.com

rupturedfaith13

Feb 21, 2024
Whats up everyone, my names Connor. Im on my second MB, my first was a used purchase off facebook i ran for a few months after purchase before it seized. the frame of the last bike cracked on both the motor mount spots, i could dig for pictures, it rode like a full suspension but was a beach cruiser lmao. now ive got a 66cc china girl strapped to a womans cruiser frame (ballin on a nearly non existant budget) and am trying to get it going again. upon initial installation she ran beautifully, like a jack wagon i did not learn from previous issues and did not secure muffler... it fell off (of course), i scraped it up and headed home. on the way home was doing wheelie blips and whiskey throttled leaving the bike spinning on the deck. Again, im a jack wagon. Anyways upon checking her over and installing a new tube n tire (chain locked on drive sprocket seizing wheel and dragging it popped the tire) tightening head bolts, i noticed it still struggled to start. it backfired a couple times, leading me to check and wipe down spark plug. Ill be giving it a go again today since the plug wipe, but was curious as to any other potential issues. thanks a million guys!

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy

rupturedfaith13

Feb 21, 2024
wiped the plug still nada checking carb float next. given it ran before i believe it should still run. if anyone else is curious i do intend on getting a stingray frame. just gotta wait it out a while.

rupturedfaith13

Feb 21, 2024
My best advice for you is to wait until you have a proper bike before you continue!!! (You're going to do all this work just to remove it & start over again). :(
well even though i dont wanna hear it ill take your input over my thoughts. guess imma be on the bus for a while then!

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
My first 3 spots is the tensioner is on the load side of the chain instead of the non-load side. No front brake and I'm assuming a rear coaster brake. Fininally it doesn't look very secure where the gas tank is mounted.

Building something safe to ride is far more important than building something fast. I always tell beginners stopping is more important than speed. It's better to walk to where you need to go rather than risking your life on an unsafe vehicle.

Even when you do have a safe build; it's important to use good cycling skills. All too often riders transfer poor cycling skills over to their MB. Which leaves them potentially getting hurt because they don't know how to correctly navigate in traffic.

Watch all 3 parts of the videos and get a frame with at least front/rear rim brakes. We can help you in setting up a safe ride; don't get back on that Death Trap.

Reactions: PeteJ