Has anyone bought from zoombicyles or boygofast?

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Im looking at the 80cc jet stealth kit from zoombicyles....How is there service?Im also looking at a 80cc engine with a 3/4chome gastank from boygofast....How is there service?I want to go with a company that takes care of there customers and can be reached....Im going to order my next kit tonight or tomorrow,depends on what kind of info I can find out about these suppliers....Also if anyone knows of a supply that has great service please let me know....
John-John

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I got my kit from zoombicycles and it arrived quickly and I have had no problems with the kit at all so I cant comment on customer service but it did arrive in a very timely manner.

.sno.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I got my kit from zoombicycles and it arrived quickly and I have had no problems with the kit at all so I cant comment on customer service but it did arrive in a very timely manner.

.sno.
Thanks for the reply,was it the stealth jet 80cc that you bought and how many miles do you have on it?Im also looking at the Raw engine by Zone8cycling....Anyone else dealt with these suppliers or tell me about some of the suppiers that you have had good experience with....
John-John

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Got my kit from BGF, had no problems so far (edging in on 100 mi.) so no idea on service after the sale. Shipped quickly.

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
My kit is from Zoombicycles. They have really great customer service, replaced missing/defective parts as long as I provided pictures. Can't say anything bad about Zoom.

Sonnyboy

Feb 16, 2008
Jacksonville, Fl.
I have bought 7 engine kits form boygofast. Excellent service and shipping. There was a pull start missing out a few accessories and he replace the missing one and threw in several pull start rope with handles for free. Great person to work with.
Sonnyboy
my purchase name is Sonscuba. I recommed boygofast as a honest dealer.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I've purchased several motors from both. Communication a little slow and language barrier with Rick at BGF but always fixed any problems. Zoom excellent service too.

In fact no issues with any of the half dozen vendors I've dealt with.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I've purchased several motors from both. Communication a little slow and language barrier with Rick at BGF but always fixed any problems. Zoom excellent service too.

In fact no issues with any of the half dozen vendors I've dealt with.
Does anyone know boygofast's website?I can only find them on ebay,when I go to boygofast,com and I click on engine kits it shows bikeberry,gasbike.net etc....All the engines I have found for boygofast on ebay says they have no warranty once mounted on bike....Is boygofast actually one of the bigger sites like gasbike?Today is saturday and I am going to order 1 kit or posibly 2 by sunday night....Want to have them in within the next week or 2 to mount on bikes....
Thanks
John

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
I don't think BGF is affiliated with any of the other distributors. Additionally, I think they sell exclusively on ebay and do not have a direct website. While I don't have any personal experience with BGF, I have seen several negative remarks about them both here and on the other forum.

It is nice to see positive feedback for BGF. Most of what I have read is that if the kit is good out of the box then all is well but if you have problems, communication adn ofter sales service could be a problem.

This is simply 3rd party information from my reading.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
ive bought from boygofast and as far as service and customer relations are concerned id say go with thatsdax if you need help or are having problems,but boygofast does ship out quickly,usually with in minutes if not a few hours of your order it will be in fedex's tracking system,but here in chicago it takes around 5 business days for shipping and to me that was to slow.i was pacing the floor yelling I NEED MY ENGINE KIT NOW!!!! wish i had a vendor locally to buy from that was cheap,oh well. if you need it right away i guess you can pay the extra for next day or whatever.

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
umm i got my first motor from boygofast on ebay in came in a little over a week wit no problems and its an excellent motor hopes this helps.usflg

MikeJ

May 3, 2009
Colorado Springs
The writing "Does anyone know boygofast's website?I can only find them on ebay,when I go to boygofast,com and I click on engine kits it shows bikeberry,gasbike.net etc....All the engines I have found for boygofast on ebay says they have no warranty once mounted on bike...." has me wondering. If the warranty is no good after the engine has been mounted, then what little speck of good is their "warranty" at all? How many purchasers test their engine before it is mounted into their bike frame? Let me know!

Many dealers receive a box with an engine from China and send the unopened box with engine out after getting your money. They have not a bit of a clue as to whether the engine is new or salvaged from a reject pile and cobbled together. The don't check for head stud torque, nor for an unseized gear train, or anything else.

I have noted that BoyGoFast and Kings both have given recent purchasers a bad time when the purchasers question the quality of their engines. Neither asked the purchaser to return the engines for inspection. Purchasers were simply denied warranty service.

Look for a business web site and endorsements from other purchasers. Stay with dealers who maintain untarnished reputations. Going with the cheapest purchase is not always smart.

MikeJ

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I have purchased two motor kits from zoombicycles: A 49cc and an "80cc". Both kits were flawless, assembled right the first time and they are both reliable daily riders. After the sales service? Probably good. I have not had any service issues to contact them about.

MikeJ

May 3, 2009
Colorado Springs
I just went to the ebay link given in an earlier posting. From the advertising of an engine, whoever posted the advertisement needs a refresher in math:

Any good textbook will state 1 hp is almost 750 watts (.75 kw).
1.5 kw (2 x .75 kw) then is 2 hp, not 3 as advertised.
2.0 kw (2.66 x .75) then is almost 3 hp, not 5-6 as advertised.

Personally, I believe the kw ratings of Chinese engines long before I believe the hp ratings.

MikeJ

Last edited:

davearoy

Apr 25, 2009
Lakeland, Florida
Im looking at the 80cc jet stealth kit from zoombicyles....How is there service?Im also looking at a 80cc engine with a 3/4chome gastank from boygofast....How is there service?I want to go with a company that takes care of there customers and can be reached....Im going to order my next kit tonight or tomorrow,depends on what kind of info I can find out about these suppliers....Also if anyone knows of a supply that has great service please let me know....
John-John
John you have helped me with my Ohms and Magneto problem, thanks again. MY ALL MEANS go with THAT DAXS in Littleton, Colorado. You can reach Duwayne all of the time business hours (Mountain time). A couple of my friends bought Zoom Bike Motors and when they had a problem, they could not get a response or a returned phone call. I do not know about Boy Go Fast. THATS DAX charges for shipping and they are about $10 more then the Ebay Motors. DEFINETLY worth the price, as you can get help when needed. I have a 80 cc from DAX and it is a good little motor

Dave

Lakeland, Florida