gt skyhawk mounting problem Please Help

Discussion in 'Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors' started by joetrammel, Jul 7, 2016.

1. joetrammel

joetrammel New Member

Motor mount on skyhawk frame doesn't match up with my motor do you guys know of any fixes for this?

Attached Files:

2. crassius

crassius Active Member

can't see the holes in that pic, but I'm guessing you have a narrow front mount motor, while frame is drilled for wide front mount

I wouldn't do anything to the motor because the metal is crap, but elongating holes in frame to make them wide slots may be doable if the welds aren't in the way.

3. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

Yep.
    You have the wrong frame for the engine you have, just elongate the pedestal holes to fit your engines front mount.
    I call it 'reamy-reamy' the holes with a drill bit and a rat tail file.

4. joetrammel

joetrammel New Member

Got it all figured thanks for your help!dance1xct2

Attached Files:

5. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

A more technical term for this is "walloin' out the holes". Walloin' is a highly complex procedure requiring engineering skills ( or a couple of beers), specialized tools (like a rat tail file) and lots of elbow grease depending on the length of the 'walloin' required and the thickness of the metal involved.

I too have 'reamy-remied a few holes but I've found 'walloin' is a more precise maneuver.

Good luck. :)

Tom

6. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

Hehehe Tom, that really cracked me up ;-}
    Here in the SW 'walloin' is what pigs do in the mud and old people do in the Jacuzzi but maybe a better term as Reamy-Reamy takes on a whole new meaning in Prison for example ;-}