Grubee selling Russian kits

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I heard they don't rev up as high (lower top speed) but are built like a brick. (I mean that in a good way)
A little pricey if you ask me, but what do I know?

Reactions: Mossy

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Says "chrome muffler" but the photo shows black. I saw these before with the lable that said "Made in China" and when I asked about it, the seller said it was because the box came from china or some such...now I see it has a vodka sticker on it.

Is that really Grubee, or "Gru-Bee", or ????

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Gru-Bee is the brand, but sometimes is called Grubee for ease of typing. The guy who started it was Don Grube. I know they were trying to sell these kits for years but didn't have a buyer, that's why they are selling them on ebay; they need to liquidate back stock.

greenephantom

Oct 5, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Those Russian kits look more substantial than the China kits. Little worried about getting spares should something break, but I guess all of these kits are a bit of a gamble.

Like a previous poster, I'd also like to know if anyone has first hand experience with these.

Attached (hopefully) is a snap of the 1953 24" Schwinn cruiser that I'm prepping for an engine. Drum brakes front and rear and it's set up to take a 5 speed freewheel.

Cheers, Geoff

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im with joe they look over priced. I suppose his name as the selling makes them worth more to some people. My I but the product not the seller's name.