Gronkster

GoldenMotor.com

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
Hello, I'm a new member in the process of assembling my first motorized bike. I'm retired and have limited mechanical abilility so this forum has been a significant help in putting the bike together. I read that it supposedly takes 6-8 hours to put one of this together, I'm way over that so my ability must be limited. I'm looking forward to getting the bike finished and riding. You see I'm old enough to remember the orginal "Wizzards" and young enough to want to ride them again.

I am stuck at the present time. The clutch pin in the center of the drive gear will not go in to release the clutch. I'm wondering if there is some kind of lock that needs to be released? Can't find anything in the limited instructions and am reluctant to start taking things apart. I have the 70cc motor kit from "ThatsDax.com".

Thanks in advance for any help.:D

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Welcome to the group Gronkster. There are alot of helpful and friendly member here. I think from what your describing the lock is stuck, if you pull in the clutch lever it should release. If you can post pictures we can see exactly what is going on. Enjoy the ride...Kelly:ride2:

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
Welcome to the group Gronkster. There are alot of helpful and friendly member here. I think from what your describing the lock is stuck, if you pull in the clutch lever it should release. If you can post pictures we can see exactly what is going on. Enjoy the ride...Kelly:ride2:
I haven't installed the cable yet. What I have done is tried to push the pin in the center of the drive gear with my hand and I have tapped it very lightly with a rubber mallet. It dones not depress.

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
What ball? I pulled out the stem, short rod, shaft or what ever and there was no ball that I noticed. Do you suggest putting the cable on and installing everything and then trying it? One would think that you should be able to depress it by hand and it would disengage the clutch. Would the clutch lever exert that much pressure?

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Leverage is an amazing thing. You can't push that rod in with your hand unless your superman. Hook the cable up and I bet it will work just fine...........