(green) Moon Dog questions

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Ho-lee-crap.

My wife has had this Moon Dog for a couple of years now, but I've never ridden it. I was going to fix the shifter...(somehow the cable is caught-smashed inside the cable housing and it barely works....don't know why she didn't mention this a year or two ago).

Two questions-
1.) what's the deal with the handgrip shift and how do you remove the cable from it?
2.) How do you guys ride these things with the bars like this? Either they hit your legs and you can barely turn or you have to put 'em sky high and then they are just not really comfortable or conducive to safe/normal/natural feeling steering. You can barely grab the brakes!

Yeah, I know it's the "look" but why are they so funky?

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Hey Joe..I have the green one and yes your right on all counts. I changed the bars bent the seat post changed the shifter to a lever type etc etc. The handles bars made my wrist hurt so bad I couldnt stand it. But if you look at my green bike its a moondog. I'll have to double check the one I have at home that I tore apart on the shifter.
Terry

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I moved my seat back a couple of inches. I love the way it rides with those bars. Can't help you on the shifter..........................