Grant Build

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm up for a grant to produce Ultra Lite Vehicles. So am doing a sort of demo build just to be eye candy. They work it like the show shark tank. Ya give a breif presentation on the product or concept in front of an audience. Then a panel decides wether or not to give you a grant of $10,000. All or any of the contestants can win and are eligable to do this 3 times.

But, to the build; Gonna use a 2 stroke China Girl on an unfinished aluminum frame with an inframe tank from Spookytooth.

https://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-W...ne-Motor-Kit-wp-Usa-949003.html?rmmds=myorder

http://spookytoothcycles.com/bbr-tuning-26-motorized-bike-frame-w-2-4l-brushed-aluminum-tank.html

grant 2 stroke.jpg grant frame.jpg

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dan you're going to have a sharp bike no matter if you get the grant or not, I would never be able to do the presentation because I would get tongue tied, when I have to speak in front of people I don't know I sound like the late Mel Tellis.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
You'd actually do something like that well Greg. You got that pleasant Southern Pleasent coupled with sincere and concerned, thing when you speak.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Forgot to say. I agree. That really is gonna be a great looking MB. Got a Worksman front wheel and wish I could find a multispeed rear similar.

Might also use upgraded grips. The kit ones look good until ya touch em and know their plastic. and a Layback seat post. Trying to accentuate the beautiful and simple of an ultra-lite, small engine vehicle.

..and avoid the "Moped effect"
(Everybody wants to ride her but no one wants to be seen on her)

(hey! I didn't laugh or snork in an entire post! Like a big boy. Sitting up, eating solid foods....)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
For some reason, a Tom Bodett quote came to mind.....

"They all look the same when the light is out........"

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LoL, right....no matter how good looking. Somewhere, there's a guy sitting in a bar complaining.....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The frame is due to arrive today. Always wanted one and kinda excited.

There is nothing about this build that is utilitarian. Just a looker. Not my usual approach.

Hoping her name becomes "10K" and not "disappointment"

(anyone watch "Z nation? Campy, low budget zombie show with a 10K character)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've gotten several grants over the years. I did tech approach on the team, but the guy that did all the 'blue sky' stuff about the great leaps forward a successful result would enable for the benefit of all mankind, is what seems to sell it.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That's awesome advice Crass. Thanks! I was wondering if I should have gone techy.

My intent and pitch is to be of assistance to the working poor. Kumbiya, hand holding, aging hippy type schpeil.

Would post the power point they had me make. Then we would see the Chinese versions of future projects of mine in less than 6 months. But is all geared to that end.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Needed an odd sized head-set adapter. These guys found one for me even with thinking they were not produced. http://www.cyclingconcepts.com/ Really cool bike shop in Glastonbury, CT.

But now just have to drill and thread a hole so O can use a rear derailer. (not a fan one speed or back pedal braking. Prefer to be able to move the pedal at stops to use my weight to take off. And gears are just better, IMO.

Gonna start producing those adapters. Really simple.

But after that, just another slap it on, fill 'er up and go put-put.

This frame is so good looking and such a PITB.