Gearing ratio for 78.5 pred

GoldenMotor.com

n0b0dyspecial

Dec 26, 2018
So i heard from forums that 44 tooth sprocket causes shuddering upon take off with the transmission that gasbike.com has. i was wondering if 10.66:1 (gasbike.com transmission paied with a 48 tooth) would be enough to prevent shuddering and tackle hills decently? If i calculated that gearing ratio wrong my bad.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I'm not a 4 stroke rider but a 48 will give a good bit more low end but will also take away top end. On both of my bikes I pedal to start off, its fairly easy to master if I can do it.

n0b0dyspecial

Dec 26, 2018
Welcome to the forum, I'm not a 4 stroke rider but a 48 will give a good bit more low end but will also take away top end. On both of my bikes I pedal to start off, its fairly easy to master if I can do it.
Thats been mastered (ive had two 2-strokes before and those require it ith their low torgue friction plate clutches) so i may just do that with a 44 or 48 without Gov (i already have a tachometer to prevent over revving and engine failure)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Its surprising how many people think a motorized bicycle is like a motorcycle, they try to start off slipping the clutch, we never know how much experience new members have so if you get some basic info that's why.

n0b0dyspecial

Dec 26, 2018
Its surprising how many people think a motorized bicycle is like a motorcycle, they try to start off slipping the clutch, we never know how much experience new members have so if you get some basic info that's why.
I understand, ive met some unique individuals who didnt know a lick of info and tried building some cheap ebay china's (and ultimately failing due to lack of breaking it in or other situations happening)