Gasoline in the oil

GoldenMotor.com

KevinMP

Oct 23, 2019
I've been running an huasheng 49cc 4 stroke 142f motor for a while now and I couldn't find an answer anywhere about this. As of late I've been having the issue of gasoline getting into the oil when its left parked for a little while. The last time I used it was only a few days ago, I happen to check the filter which usually holds gas and its all emptied out which I assume went right into the oil again, is the float getting stuck or is something else causing it?

Thanks for your help!
-Kevin

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
First make sure fuel has a shut off and it’s working properly. Next check carb. Your fuel bowl maybe stuck.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
Install a briggs and stratton fuel shutoff. The motorized bike shutoffs are junk.

index.jpeg

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
One reason as to fuel getting into your oil is a compound cause. 1, your intake valve is open once the engine stops, allowing any leaking fuel into the chamber. This fuel will then proceed past the piston rings, especially if the cuts are in line with one another. 2, your carb is leaking. Find the cause of that leak and fix it. It is likely to be your float. I leave my petcock on all the time, and I don't have this issue. Also make sure you run ethanol free if it's going to be sitting for any time at all. Ethanol wreaks havoc on plastic stuff like floats.

Pull the starter until you feel some resistance. While you fix the float issue, this will prevent fuel in the oil because the valves are closed.