gas milage

GoldenMotor.com

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I have 66cc and I don't get no 100 mpg. I filled my tank to the top and went about 10 miles in all.
Now I'm at half a tank. Do the 66cc use more gas ? I weigh 240 lbs.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
It has a lot to do with how high the engine revs, rear sprocket size, the levelness of your surroundings, hills consume much more gas, the greater the speed, less mpg. And the weight of the ride, which you already mention. I weigh 180 and have a 40T sprocket and live in a fairly level place, with some hills. I ride to the local stores and other places about a 5 mile round trip. I get around 65 to 70 mpg. I rarely go over 30mph.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
well im at 120lbs and have a 48cc with a 44t sprocket and ride on mainly flat ground,
im getting around 180-200mpg. i travel at speeds between 20-25mph crusing to go to the store and up to 30-32mph when i just want to go for a ride down some back roads.
i am using around 20:1 gas/oil ratio,was using 16:1 for breakin. i have around 500miles on engine. and im using all stock parts with no mods.

48cc dualstart Starfire GT-2 Grubee 44T Swchinn Delmar Cruiser + dual rear saddle baskets with 18v front and rear lights with rechargable battery

yes they do sell 1gal tanks,but you should get more than your 40mpg that you are getting now.

Fishermanblues

Aug 24, 2008
Tucson Az
Another thing to remember is that these engines use a lot more gas while they are breaking in. After using a couple tanks of gas your mileage will improve quite a bit.

Good luck,
Andrew

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
I had a broken in 50cc with a 36 tooth sprocket and i was getting 158 mpg of gas(oil added not included) I am now breaking in a 80cc and will let you know how the mileage changes.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Another thing to remember is that these engines use a lot more gas while they are breaking in. After using a couple tanks of gas your mileage will improve quite a bit.

Good luck,
Andrew
Very true, on my last tank full I got exactly 46 miles before I ran out and I get 3 tanks per gallon so that adds up to 138 MPG. Biggest thing is how you ride, running around at WOT you're going to get a lot worse mileage then just cruising. On the 46 mile ride, according to my spedo, I averaged 19 mph with a top speed of 32 and that was downhill with the clutch in and tucked.

Took a couple of rides this weekend and after just 12 miles I was over half empty but that was a little different, top speed of 33.8 downhill not tucked and the throttle wide open, did quite a few downhill rides like that. laff