G2 reed mods

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That first one might be a little 'flimsy' at high RPMs... The middle one looks better.

Fiber flap reeds are real good for bottom end but they can be 'fluttery' at high RPMs... (so I try to find ones that are thicker looking).

Metal flap reeds are terrible for bottom end but are very solid feeling at high RPMs.

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
That first one might be a little 'flimsy' at high RPMs... The middle one looks better.

Fiber flap reeds are real good for bottom end but they can be 'fluttery' at high RPMs... (so I try to find ones that are thicker looking).

Metal flap reeds are terrible for bottom end but are very solid feeling at high RPMs.
I have a set for 2stage blaster reed just useing the first stage on the g2... And I think you're right about the middle one... I'm just curious about compatibility if anyone has mixed up cages from something else... I'm planning on going through some trial and error...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Just looking and comparing the kx 65 to the G2... Some reed box stuffing with some JB weld... Bigger 6mm studs on the G2 and I can run the boysen kx 65 reeds on the G2 but I really like the kx cage being real metal...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Now I know the kx65 and G2 are compatible... Figure I should throw some reeds at it... 2 types of dual stage a single stage a plastic blaster first of 2 stages and not Shure about the stainless Polaris 90 reed... And found a spacer that could be helpful for the next round... Can't really do much more without getting a bike running... So luckily I have exaust pipes to look at and more clutch parts to locate... Santa did good.... But for the shipping charges he's only getting one dry cookie with no milk...

Attachments