full suspension moutain bike

GoldenMotor.com

copygod

Jun 7, 2021
so i want to mount on a motor on a rack because there is nooo room in the middle and I was wondering if anyone has ever done with I know about friction drive systems but I want to be able to use 2 stroke (part of because that what I have) would like a shift kit and I also did see what I saw was a cruiser hybrind with full but had room for a motor is the middle

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Full suspension bikes are notoriously difficult to build. If you use a rack, definitely make sure you have the tire clearance. You will want a minimum of 100mm clearance, or if your bike of choice has more travel than 80mm, add 20mm to the wheel travel and that's the clearance you will need.

Now, as for the 2 stroke engine: you'll have your work cut out for ya. You will need a way to route the chain forward from the rear of the engine in order to use a shift kit. You could jimmy rig a sick bike parts 4 stroke shift kit to mount into that frame, but there's no guarantee there. Your best and easiest bet would be to use a couple idler pulleys, several spring loaded tensioners to keep tension in the chain when the suspension actuates, and a direct drive sprocket. If you could post a photo of the bike you want to use, I would be able to better tell you what would be needed to make it work.

There are a few comfort cruisers out there with 30mm travel in the rear that would fit a motor, but they're generally made of aluminum and light duty.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
If you have a full suspension frame where the tension spring is behind the seat post then it's very doable. This bike was built by the Late KC Vale.

You can still buy an aluminium Kent bike whose tension spring is located behind the seat post.

2_DustinDoneRight.jpg

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Well my Schwinn Sidewinder cost $230 after taxes. That's what we do; we take inexpensive bikes and make them better. I think a couple of them are steel frames so they'd be easy to weld on.

Last edited: