Fuel Tickler leak

GoldenMotor.com

JDUBWEB

Jun 25, 2008
Chico, CA
I did 75% of Norman's carburetor rebuild this evening. I made my own gasket and sealed everything up nicely based on the advice gathered here.

http://motorbicycling.com/f4/carburetor-pictures-how-install-rebuild-195.html

It is now very apparent that my gas leak is coming from the fuel tickler. How did I mess it up and how is fuel coming out of the tickler so easily? Any advice on the fix from this? Anybody else leaking fuel from the tickler?

Also - the tension and functionality of the tickler seems fine.

Thanks in advance!

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota
Yup, I think your float bowl is filling up too full. It may also be seaping into your intake and you dont realize it?

JDUBWEB

Jun 25, 2008
Chico, CA
Ok. I know exactly what you are talking about, but how do I adjust the float? How do I prevent it from getting too high?

Thanks! :confused::confused:

JDUBWEB

Jun 25, 2008
Chico, CA
Perfecto! No leak. Thanks so much. Seriously, this is the most helpful, responsive and friendly forum EVER! My bike would be sitting in the back yard vs. cruising all around town thanks to you guys! Not to mention the carb rebuild was fun, informative, easy to moderate difficulty and gives me a more thorough understanding of my machine. Thanks again!

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Dumb ? What is the Tickler? I mean it's my fingers when i'm tickling my kids but i don't know what it is on the Carb.