Fuel Filter parts number

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.2Tcycles

Nov 13, 2008
Hawthorne CA
I used to get a lot of what looked like black paint particles and rust in the carb bowl and it would accumulate on the droop in the fuel line. These particles also caused the jet and the fuel inlet nozzle above the metering pin to clog, and leanout the carb and just get poor WOT performance. Fortunately I checked the plug's color very often. I also found a lot of crud in the bottom of the carb bowl. Got rid of the tank/petcock filter screen and added this filter. Hopefully none of the real small particles got through the jet before I did this, entering the combustion chamber and scuffing up the walls. I know it also added a little reserve even if only just a slight bit.

brown bull

Nov 16, 2008
pittsburgh
Installed an inline fuel filter yesterday, Part number Purolator F21124, bought at Pep Boys for $2.99 also comes with small spring clips to clich fuel line. Here are some pics.
I was just at Pep Boys and I showed them my fuel hose and they told me that I could only purchase parts for CARS at their establishment. So, I left emptyhanded and went to a different store and got a lawnmower fuel filter.

Mr.2Tcycles

Nov 13, 2008
Hawthorne CA
Your clear fuel line? I use 1/4 inch (inner diameter) rubber fuel line from tank to filter then use a short piece of the clear line from the kit from filter to carb.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I don't think you need a filter as large as the carb. I use a filter for push mowers. Very unobtrusive. Finer filter IMO.

Large one is 7-02323 . . . 1/4" connect, 5/16" connect.
Small one is 7-02357-1 . 1/4" connect.

Ted

Attachments