For Sale: Custom motorized bike

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Swap And Shop Sales' started by Mike Stroz, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

Just got this back from the welding shop, and have moved on to other projects since then. It's an early 50's Columbia frame that's been stretched about 8 inches, has a motor plate for a Briggs 5 horse, although no engine is included. Brand new semi slick balloon type tires, has a rim welded to the back wheel as a pulley so it can use a belt drive centrifugal clutch. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but the frame is very stiff, no flex at all where it's been welded. Needs someone with more skill and interest than me, but will make an awesome board tracker. It has some surface rust only. I'll be posting pictures hopefully soon. Located in central MA- email [email protected] or text 508-981-8773 (no calls please, my microphone bit the dust). Make me an offer.

2. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Let's see if these pictures work

3. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

Anyone interested for $300? Gotta clear out some space in my shed

4. Cavity

Cavity New Member

The $300 is what you pay me to take that beauty off your hands, or you want me to pay you?laff

5. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

^Fine, then tell me what it's worth. It's had a lot of work done and I'm definitely gonna lose money on it. It does need work, yes, but it's a great start.

6. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

Someone make an offer, I know $300 is high, I'll probably take a lot less.

7. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

I need the thing gone soon

8. LandSpeedRecord

You're not out of line on the price. The market is just so tiny for people that are capable of this type of build. You just need to find someone capable that will appreciate the head start. I'll show it to a few of my customers and quote them on it completed, one I know is in the market I just have to see what he thinks.

9. lucajo16

lucajo16 Member

actually give me a few days and I may give you an offer. I love the look and its already ready for a 4 stroke engine! I think its beautiful!! does it come with everything shown!?!?

10. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

It doesn't come with the block that is in one of the pictures, which is junk, and the handlebars shown don't quite fit, but everything else is included.

11. lucajo16

lucajo16 Member

If I had to offer it would be at about 150. I don't have tons for a four stroke but I've wanted to do one so bad. I'll even pay shipping.

12. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

Could you do $175? I'll try and figure out where I can bring it to have it shipped.

13. lucajo16

lucajo16 Member

For me to pull out 150 out of my a$$ is a challenge. For me to pull 175 is harder. I'm full-time at my job but I only make about 300. I know that shipping is gonna be about 50 to 100. I'm pretty much taking a whole paycheck for this as it is.

14. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

Still for sale. Sorry lucajo16, I don't think I can sell for that low. I just need to make back more of my money on this one. I have $450 into it so far.

15. willkent74

willkent74 New Member

what is the engine that is on it you can call me if you want 256-426-7817

16. Mike Stroz

Mike Stroz New Member

Anyone interested? Still for sale.