Flanged bearings.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Here is a site for flanged bearings. Great for trike rear axles or jack shafts. They were the best price I could find for the same bearings. I bought the standard flanged bearing, 1-3/8 x 5/8 axle @ $6.95 for 4. The sealed 1-3/8 x 5/8 sealed bearing with snap ring is $7.95 for 4. He has other axle sizes as well.
They are made in Taiwan, not China and seem to be top quality but I haven't used them yet.

You can get them at www.smartkartparts.com The seller went out of his way to help and as you can see in the photos below the packaging and shipping were first rate. Lots of kart parts as well as some lawn mower parts and lots of carbs for different motors.

Just click on the photo to see the rest.

Steve.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you for the info and link. I bookmarked it.
Looking through your photos I was surprised to see that you have the same belt "clutch" as I have. I found mine years ago at a garage sale. I think I paid $1.00 for it. I have never seen another one like it until now.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi GearNut,
Gezz, I sitting here thinking what belt clutch??? OH, right I put the photos on the trike thread and you mean the one on the gas motor. Damn old age.

Have you used yours yet? I put that one in the, maybe I'll need it some day, box and have often wondered well it worked on a bike. Guy I bought the bike from said the motor was off a lawn mower. With the bearings I was thinking about making a trike out of the motor and a bike frame I have. Curtis Fox posted the rear end that someone made and showed how on AtomicZombie so I figure it's posible to make one any size you want.

Steve.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
No. I haven't used it yet. It's been in my "cool gizmos I might use" pile for years now.
It is really sturdy and I don't see why it would not work well though.