Firmstrong Bruiser Cruiser project

GoldenMotor.com

Graeme

Aug 24, 2018
New here. I have a 3 speed Firmstrong Bruiser I just got and love it as a standalone cruiser. I had previously bought a 2 stroke 80cc Jet motor and I am wondering if it will be compatible. The Bruiser has big wheels are 26" x 2.125 and there doesn't seem to be clearance for the chain between the bike frame. Also, the hub is too big for the rear sprocket assembly that came with the kit.

Will the Bruiser not work? I don't want to invest alot for workarounds if I have to get a cheaper bike for the motor. Anyone have experience with the 3 speed Bruiser with coasters?

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
only had one - couple bought one online for their kid - they live at top of 1/2 mile very steep hill - when kid broke hid arm when he couldn't stop at bottom of hill, they sold it to me - I replaced bent forks with some that would accept a v-brake and added a caliper brake to rear - resold it running well, stopping well, and looking fairly stylish

only problem was that CL kept deleting ad with 'firmstrong bruiser' in title, accepted ad for 'motorized cruiser' tho

Reactions: Dan

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
left the wheel alone, just told him to not use that brake except in emergency