Fan on Huasheng 142f

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The 2-stroke engines were purpose built engines for bicycles that are cooled by the moving air while riding... The 4-stroke engines were designed to be stationary; (so they need a fan to keep them cool)

Many of us have built large 4-stroke bikes without the fan on them (& they work fine), but keeping the fan is a little better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

JuraTykkt

Mar 19, 2022
The 2-stroke engines were purpose built engines for bicycles that are cooled by the moving air while riding... The 4-stroke engines were designed to be stationary; (so they need a fan to keep them cool)

Many of us have built large 4-stroke bikes without the fan on them (& they work fine), but keeping the fan is a little better.
I got my huasheng and i never had a fan there. I dont really think a pc fan will help ya. Or does it help?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Slightly off topic but the super rat 2 stroke can be modified with a fan from a vaccume cleaner to cool the ignition coil which are prone to overheating... Something would fit the husang flywheel if it doesn't have one and a shroud to assist in cooling... I don't have one or done the mod on the rat motor but it's on my list whenever I can to it