Falcon 911 cylinder

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Mossy I have a 49mm iron sleeve top end on the shelf, I bought it as a spare to the one I built last year, I took the big bore kit off of the cranbrook and went back to stock, I plan to sell that bike. So I actually have two 49mm iron sleeve kits.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I found the iron sleeve top end lacking bottom end torque, it ran great at high rpm. Before with my hip problems I couldn’t stand to ride the cranbrook because I had to pedal a lot. With the stock 47mm cylinder it has a lot of low end but tops out around 34 mph, I feel better selling it with more bottom end than top end, with the 49 mm kit it probably ran over 40 easy.

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I have some 49mm irons I got them cheap and I think from reading up on those you can remove the base gasket to get some bottom end... The 110 is an iron sleeve also.. I thought about transferring the phantom Port map on that jug... I don't think any of the experts on the other forum has put one on a degree wheel as of yet... I would love it if there Port maps are close enough and a 3rd transfer.. there's a saw piston in every mm also... So there's some possibilities same with the 911 cylinder... And laying one map over another the California motorbike ported cylinders with a spacer on a zeda bottom end is supposed to be something of a torque monster... Having the transfers ported through the piston like a saw would improve efficiency but they would be reed engines so the intake timing isn't as important but the exhaust is... It's only has a short amount of the cylinder to make power with with a 2t a 4 has the whole cylinder and a valve to control it
A bigger sprocket like a 46-8 might get some torque out of the 49mm ... But a 3rd transfer loose the base gasket that will lower the exhaust timing a reed and some work on the transfers... And those sleeves choke off the transfer so that divider because those are pressed into the G4 open cylinders... So that needs to go and the roof angle with some JB weld can be corrected... A piece of lexan with a hole in it for sanding the base of the jugs and a rig for using a piston and sand paper to match the squish angle... An index of different thickness copper head and base gaskets ... Are my plans to straighten out the Happy Time ;)

Mossy

May 20, 2022
My guess is the restricted transfer with the dents from pressing in the sleeve make it struggling until it's over come by the power band... 49mm has some possibilities with some work... And it's a pk80 bottom end so a long rod 40 crank might be something... But a 3rd transfer would do the most for it a reed and a good pipe...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Have you tried the degree wheel I sent you yet? I wish I had degreed my stock cylinder and used that as a base line on the 49mm.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I haven't but that's where I'm going to start with everything... I've read a lot about it... But we all know my 49mm is going to be different than yours or anyone else's .. I need a CDH one to compare to the $99 AliExpress ones I have... Everyone would have to have gotten one at the same time at the same place... But it's rumored the sleeve is timed ok it's the cylinder that needs to be Port matched to that... Everything has to be something of a riddle to solve ;)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The port holes in the sleeve were not the size of the port in the original cylinder, I opened up the sleeve to the stock port opening, I should have left a little more at the top of the exhaust port I guess.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The port holes in the sleeve were not the size of the port in the original cylinder, I opened up the sleeve to the stock port opening, I should have left a little more at the top of the exhaust port I guess.
I'd try no base gasket and a thick head gasket to get it back depends on the squish... Some of the copper gaskets are thick...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Transfer roof on those is like painting by stabbing the can with a screwdriver... That angle is everything to shoot the mix or it's going to stumble until it over comes it... Widen the exhaust don't raise it and see if it wakes it up... Or get another jug... The CDH octagon head is supposed to work good on those...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’ve got both the ported and the new one on a shelf, I will probably try again someday when I get the urge. I plan to sell the cranbrook, it’s my least favorite bike I have, too much flex in the frame for my 215 lbs.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I don't like those Cranbrook for the same reason... And there small compared to an Electra or micargi I'm used to... I'm eventually going to make my own frame from 4150 tubes using the old frames as a template for the jigs... Then I can put the original together so no bicycle was harmed... That way I'm just buying stock and not hunting down frames... 16ga heavy weight frame

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My Electra Townie is probably the best riding bike I’ve ever had, the OP cruiser I have was my first motorized bike, I’ve have it since early 2011. Both are aluminum frames, but both are high quality and have held up with zero problems.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My neighbor up the road has got a couple of workman’s, he’s a pretty good size fellow. He’s in his 70’s and now has balance problems and can ride anymore, I’ll wait till he calls me to sell them.

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I like the AliExpress frame
I look for 3 things in a frame.
1" threaded head set 180mm more or less a one piece crank and the rear drop outs and the AliExpress meets all 3 the rear drop is thick and the Electra have large rear drop... The AliExpress is very close to a Shelby but beefier... Cool1bike store has 2 sites that compete for price with each other... They play the game well but I was able to get some deals and get a $100 refund... There made in Vietnam so shipping is slow because they have to order it then ship it over here...
I'm done with AliExpress mostly carburetors and kits to tune them... It's a gold mine for that but everything else is cheaper and quicker to get here on ebay and amazon so it's not worth it... My wheel masters came in and there in wheel masters box... So there legit... But I fear wheel master has shut down and amazon bought up the remaining stock and there going to be done... You have to build a wheel from parts to get a 12ga steel wheel what a shamano 110 and I'm buying up 165mm+ forged axles when I see them... The made in USA stuff...
I plan on doing this motorized bicycle thing a while and certain things are mandatory to keep rolling ;)

Attachments