Exhaust Help!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Rnalecz, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Rnalecz

Rnalecz New Member

I hear a sound inside my exhaust and something is moving around in there. So i tryed to open the exhaust, i took the screw and the little nut off that were holding the cap on the bottom of the exhaust. But the cap or whatever its called wont come off, so pretty much i cant even open it to get to the baffle, how do i get it off?

2. jf30cp

jf30cp New Member

i tried to get mine off to and it never moved.

3. MrLarkins

MrLarkins HS Math Teacher

is it a black exhaust or chrome?

4. MarcPhotoMan

MarcPhotoMan New Member

In one of Norms posts he say that he starts up the engine and the pressure blows it out!

5. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Active Member

yeah, I am currently trying what Norm has suggested. I've had the only screw holding the end cap in place out for 2 days now. Been riding my motor bike as normal and the end cap still has not fallen off.

6. Rnalecz

Rnalecz New Member

Its a black exhaust from a 80cc engine. I have tried driving it around with the screw out but still it didnt come out and i was afraid i would run it over and fall if it came off

7. shiloh0

shiloh0 New Member

carb cleaner, penetrating oil, big pair of channel locks, small hammer maybe , if its like mine, the lip thats stuck holding it is very small-1/8th in.

8. michael

michael New Member

Hi names michael . Just a thought needle nose plyers helped to remove my disloged mufler baffle . took some time and effort,however it worked!! no more rattle inside my can , is a little more louder.prblem solved!