Exhaust heat wrap tape???????

Discussion in 'Intake & Exhaust' started by Kletus, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Kletus

Kletus Member

I have noticed people wrapping their exhaust with heat insulating tape. How well does this work? Which is the best kind and where can I buy it.

2. LandSpeedRecord

There is a big selection and good prices on eBay. If you have not done it before it's a bit of a tedious process but some builds where the exhaust comes close to your leg or body it can be a must.

3. wing nut

wing nut Member

Attached Files:

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

just guessing here that for bikes that do a lot of short trips, the wrap may help keep the muffler from clogging

5. leo

leo Member

advanced auto and auto zone carry a brand called tiger patch. cheap and easy to use. i can hold my hand on my sbp pipe. it's warm, but not enough to burn. i think it was around $2-3 a roll, i used just under 3 rolls total.

6. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

All it's good for is keeping your leg or shoe from getting burnt. Also good for covering ugly welds if you build your own pipe.

One trick tip: to keep the ends from unraveling (which it will,) run a thick line of krazy glue across the wrap, then cut it with scissors.

7. Derwood21

Derwood21 New Member

If you decide to use the wrap, make sure you do not get the fiberglass heat wrap. Trust me you will regret it, I learned the hard way haha. You'll be itching like ****. I ended up getting some Titanium Exhaust Wrap off amazon and it works awesome.