Ethanol killing small engines

GoldenMotor.com

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
According to the guys at Sta-bil, ethanol attracts water which in-turn can cause acids to form. Sta-bil supposedly fixes the ethanol problem. All I know is that my weedeater brand engines run like crap on E-10. This season I'm using fuel with no ethanol (or at least there was no indication on the fuel pump that the gas had any ethanol in it) and some Sta-bil. I ran my FX26SC tonight and it ran great, the leaf blower had some old fuel but is starting to sound better because I added some of the new fuel.

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
Here in Oregon I have to go to the gas distributor and have a special card that says I'm smart enough to pump my own gas to get " clear unleaded" with no ethanol. I've heard gas absorbs about 6 ppm of h2O but ethanol absorbs 6000 ppm. Even the fuel distributor says it's bad for all carborated engines not just 2 strokes. I think it's worth the trip just like what you have to do for racing fuel. I run 87 octane with Amsoil sabre 32:1 gas right now $3.60 gal + 4 oz amsoil for $2 so I'm paying 5.60 a gallon with oil. But I think it's worth it. Erhanol is for drink' n not burning. .shft.