Enjoy SomeTurkey Today

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Alcohol is poison and can kill youit almost did me, so I quit 26 years ago, it does nothing good for you, defeats you bank acoutnt and everything else along the way, true friends, and family, for witch I lost and now have back. Some you never get back……………..Curt

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Yes, I heard in rehab that one out of a thousand makes it back, and relapse is very common. Drug and alcohol abuse caused me to land inside that pit of despair where the sides crumble and you fall in deeper as you try to climb out. It is rare that someone uses their own willpower and discipline to get back. For me it was Jesus and marrying a woman who lives her life very close to Jesus. If you don't mind, I'm curious curtisfox, through what means did you use to make it back?

Reactions: wrench

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Yes, I heard in rehab that one out of a thousand makes it back, and relapse is very common. Drug and alcohol abuse caused me to land inside that pit of despair where the sides crumble and you fall in deeper as you try to climb out. It is rare that someone uses their own willpower and discipline to get back. For me it was Jesus and marrying a woman who lives her life very close to Jesus. If you don't mind, I'm curious curtisfox, through what means did you use to make it back?
How I quit drinking was easy... Just didn't hang around drunks go to bars and all that... I traveled a lot so didn't have friends or anyone pushing it on me either... I don't drink soda and junk food either... Haven't worked in 25 years so no work buddies going out after... I didn't try to quit because of problems it's just not around me... I aged out of the party scene and I still might have a beer or 2 with company or wine with a dinner or cooking... If I meet someone new I'll stock some and see how fast it disappears... I'm glad I can take it or leave it but that's because of weed... Alcohol was great times in excessive amount If there wasn't any weed around.. back when it was illegal ;) my crew would smoke then have 2 drinks all night thow some shrooms on it... One night it was 27 pints of Guinness in a contest with a crazy Irishman before he dropped out... It's a tough act to follow and expensive many ways

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
The turkey and gravy were excellent this year. I usually work softened butter under the skin. This year the 1/4 lb stick of butter got a boost of garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, fresh ground rosemary, thyme, and sage.
As rye goes, I have grown partial to Old Overholt which I take neat.
Old Overholt - Wikipedia
Here in Wisconsin Sunday is the last day of Deer Season Gun. Been hearing some shooting while working on the new woodshed.

Tom

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Sobriety is for quitters LOL
Really, I was drinking 2 leaders a day, had a jug on the counter, going to bars, and going to work. So I has so roses of the liver, turning yellow, after a couple days in, I started turning purple for high blood pressure being so high, took 3 days of meds to bring me around. I knew Jesus when I was a kid, so when they started talking about higher power, I turned my life back to him, the old saying you can put the cork on the bottle doesn't change the man, you got to have a change of hart.
And now I know why your reply's are sometimes sarcastic..............Curt

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Really, I was drinking 2 leaders a day, had a jug on the counter, going to bars, and going to work. So I has so roses of the liver, turning yellow, after a couple days in, I started turning purple for high blood pressure being so high, took 3 days of meds to bring me around. I knew Jesus when I was a kid, so when they started talking about higher power, I turned my life back to him, the old saying you can put the cork on the bottle doesn't change the man, you got to have a change of hart.
Yeah, it's an inside job

Last edited:

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
[QUOTE="curtisfox the old saying you can put the cork on the bottle doesn't change the man, you got to have a change of hart.
[/QUOTE]
God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Makes me think of my relatives... The grandfather drank himself to death... His son is a hard drinker and his son got his first DWI a few years ago... I'm the only one out of 20 people that don't drink 1/2 gallon a day and or use hard drugs or on any prescription ever... It's like your not a man unless you're a degenerate and completely wasted all the time... Growing up it's about how many beers someone can drink and coke... Then nod out around a telephone pole... I didn't fit in... And old Jewish doctor who survived the natzi camps in WW2 told me "pain is the body's way of saying I'm healing" I built a tolerance to pain over the years so when I get old and terminal I can do all that crap the kids in middle school did and die in comfort and they get to feel every bit of it having built up a tolerance to drugs... I worked with a guy who had to have work on his teeth with no novacaine because he would go back to drink and drugs if he did... 22years going to the VA I've seen thousands come and go from a simple surgery to full blown addiction... It's like nobody has a problem until there at rock bottom and only when it's too late they figure it out... Learning from someone else's mistakes ? So spend all your best years out of it.. then get sober and fight an addiction for the rest of your life is too much work for me to fit in with in croud ;)

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Old saying witch is true, you got to get to Hells gates to make a turnaround, wherever your bottom is. Denial is ones worst, refusing to admit ones faults, I don't need this or that, I am not a alcoholic, I don't need God, and ect.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
As for myself I don't want to be hugging the toilet the next morning, can't remember yesterday or falling on the floor/ground. I like a mild enjoyable buzz once every couple of months to unwind or celebrate an event.