Engine trouble. Rear wheel won't turn.

GoldenMotor.com

Colton Spätz

May 17, 2019
Hi, I literally was on my way home from work and it seems the motor seized as the back tire will not move what-so-ever. I un-did the master link on the chain and no bike is ride-able but without the motor. Can anyone help with this issue? Please, it's my only mode of transportation

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum Colton, I replied to your post on the other thread but I would remove the spark plug and see if the engine will turn. If not you have internal problems.

Colton Spätz

May 17, 2019
Awesome and what was wrong and apparently it was the chain. I got it fixed however, I'm having a big issue with the chain going too tight and then so loose that it's touching the bottom end of it. I have a spring tensioner and I don't know if it is something to do with my clutch sprocket or rear sprocket but something is definitely wrong and I'm scared to ride it until I can figure it out. Any advice? As it is my primary mode of transportation and am worried i might have to purchase a new engine.

Colton Spätz

May 17, 2019
Thank you I took a look at the rear sprocket and it was the one that came with the kit and when the chain got stuck, it yanked the rear sprocket out of place. I have since ordered a new one with smaller amount of teeth and one that goes around the wheel hub instead of the spokes and will be installing it today hopefully resolving the issue. I really appreciate your help and may have further questions if you wouldn't mind answering them.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You may be able to align it back up, I turn the bike upside down on the handle bars and seat, then spin the wheel and adjust it till I have little wobble or hopping.

Colton Spätz

May 17, 2019
So I figure it out so I figured out what was wrong and got it fixed. however now my issue is that my chain tensioner (was a spring one that mounted on the motor) but the chain is too long to where it's touching itself going into the motor and just short enough to not be able to take out another link. unless there's another way that I'm missing. so I switch back to my old tensioner, which is scary, so I might have to look for a new tensioner or if there's some way to fix the chain so I can just move it the half a link instead of full link?

Colton Spätz

May 17, 2019
Is that possible? And how would I adjust my throttle further cause I have from the handle but is still being really wiers and bogging out? Sorry for all the questions, just new and not very mechanically inclined.

Colton Spätz

May 17, 2019
Awesome! Thank you. I have since attached a Dolphin performance carburetor and seems to be better. However it idles super high after going a decent speed and pulling the clutch in, but when I slow down before I pull the clutch it seems to stop that from happening so I think that's normal. Thank you so much for your time and valuable advice and hope I'm not troubling you too much, just not very mechanically inclined and am learning with this bike.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Remove the side cover over the chain and see if the chain is hanging up on the engine, if the chain gets loose enough it will ride up under the cover and lock up the chain.

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Remove the side cover over the chain and see if the chain is hanging up on the engine, if the chain gets loose enough it will ride up under the cover and lock up the chain.
Chains not hanging up but i seen a video about them 3 pegs guy hit them with a hammer but does clutch have to be pulled in to do this he never said

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Remove the clutch cover and see what’s going on, with the spark plug out it should roll, if the lever is out you should hear the engine rotate.

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Remove the clutch cover and see what’s going on, with the spark plug out it should roll, if the lever is out you should hear the engine rotate.
I had a replacement flower nut screw that was longer than the one i lost i just put a short one on it would this have anything to do with it you think? Not gonna take it out now but in my apartment and everything feels right did last time but soon as i popped clutch wheel stuck 2nd time broke chain to get bike home but i appreciate your help greg