engine break down help

GoldenMotor.com

runslikeapenguin

Feb 2, 2009
Seattle
ive been systematically going through every part of my engine and im ready to crack the case and 2 things are stopping me for right now.

1. the magneto magnet seems to be hanging up on the shaft, do i just use a puller or is there a trick to getting this off? it slides up easily and then just stops.

2. is there a special way to remove the drive gear that connects to the clutch gear? its got a slot for a screwdriver but that cant be right.

thanks

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Here it is:

A photo of the tool is shown below: It is a universal tool for removing the drive sprocket, the clutch gear, and the crank gear. Yes that is a slotted screw holding the crank gear to the crank.

Yes, use a puller to remove the magnet. Be carefull, this end of the crank is small in diameter and easily damaged.

Here's a link to the tool.

Puller

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

runslikeapenguin

Feb 2, 2009
Seattle
i read that thread and it dident cover what i needed to know. i have the puller it came with my kit and ive been using it, i just need to know how to get the magneto magnet off and that drive gear. i presume that i have to get like a gear puller to get the magneto magnet off and for the drive gear do i just take a screw driver to it?