Electric Twins

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
More electric bikes! These are two identical machines. Both feature 52v batteries, and all the standard Sportsman Flyer components. Harley style internal springer forks with adjustable friction shocks, disc brakes, mid drive electric motors carried in the v-twin cases, pedal crank reduction drive system, and Sportsman saddles. As before the 52v batteries are carried in the "gas tanks" which have removable bottoms, and the controllers are mounted in the tool boxes. Haven't measured max speed, yet, but typically a 52v Flyer maxes out with this gearing at 42 mph and cruises comfortably at 30 mph.

V-Twin Electrics by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
My o My! Hello Pat! I haven't been around much lately, but hope to be getting back in the mix a bit more. I have followed you since the beginning and you have never ceased to impress with your creativity and ingenuity . Congrats on this one. Are these gonna be available to own?
Great work,
Dan

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
My o My! Hello Pat! I haven't been around much lately, but hope to be getting back in the mix a bit more. I have followed you since the beginning and you have never ceased to impress with your creativity and ingenuity . Congrats on this one. Are these gonna be available to own?
Great work,
Dan
Hi Dan,
Good to hear from you. Think I have built 17 electrics so far. I find them very enjoyable to ride. Plenty fast and they can be ridden anywhere. Bike paths, bike lanes, keeping up with traffic. Just a no hassle way to spend the day.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Great bikes Pat. Are these his & hers bikes, separate clients or inventory?

Rick C.
Hey Rick,
These are eventually going to be his and hers. Much simplified engine cases from what you do, but as we have discussed before they are an economical approach in some ways. I would expect some people to customize them with added features. Fun stuff, these electrics!
Pat

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Well, Pat they are beautiful as is & you've just made a great point about owners being able to customize the motors appearance, however they like... which has always been practiced by those with a bent towards hot rodding anything.

What I've done with my motor case is not practical for even an individual let alone a commercial fabricator like yourself but it's what I do.

Even an old codger like myself, stuck in the past with with gas motors, immediately realized the fun and practicality of electrics once I rode one. The only two objections I had was the silent ride (which I've learned is a wonderful positive) & the look of the electric motors on vintage style bikes that I prefer to build. Your V-twins solve the "look" problem perfectly. I give you great respect for making great commercial V-twin look electrics combined with wonderful classic style frames and components.

Rick C.