electric ignition

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
No offense, but unless you have physical limitations, how hard is it to pedal start your bike? These crappy little 2 strokes arent made to be treated like a motorcycle engine, unless you have done performance mods. I can lift my rear wheel off the ground and "kickstart" my engine by pushing a pedal with my foot. Now, if you have real physical limitations that make pedal starting too difficult, thats one thing. but these engines are designed to be pedal assisted. If you had a starter motor, you wouldnt need an electric start. you could just release the clutch when the starter motor is up to speed. using a hub motor and releasing the clutch is kind of the same concept.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I pick the back end up, pull the clutch in, and then either spin the pedal and try to pop the clutch at the right time, or just spin the pedal till its where I want, it, let the clutch back out, and then push with my foot till the pedals move. the second way takes a little more effort, but works better. the engine fires up on the first try every time.