eBike diagnostic tool

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This inexpensive tool is easy to use, and preforms 5 important eBike diagnostic tests that allow you to diagnose most of the common eBike failures. It tests throttles, controllers, hall sensors, motor windings, and brake switches. This tool saves time, and money, because you no longer have to resort to guess work substituting parts on your bike that aren't bad.

The only obstical I found using this tool was I had to make some adapters to be able to attach the tool to male, and female pins on plugs that are too small for alligator clips to connect to.

eBike diagnostic tool.jpg

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That would have been a lot of help when I worked at the distribution center, we had 170 pieces of electric equipment. We had a lot of diagnostic equipment that was useful but none of it was universal.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’m not a e-bike owner but plan to build one someday, do they use a potentiometer for the throttle? I found that a old analog multimeter was the best thing to set up a speed pot, digital meters were too sensitive.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I’m not a e-bike owner but plan to build one someday, do they use a potentiometer for the throttle? I found that a old analog multimeter was the best thing to set up a speed pot, digital meters were too sensitive.
When you test a throttle with this tool all it tells you is there's signal, or no signal. Signal, and a LED light comes on. Release the throttle, and the light goes out.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
What I know probably doesn’t apply anymore, it’s been 8 years so I know a lot has changed. If battery technology develops and range is better there will be a lot more E-vehicles on the roads.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
What I know probably doesn’t apply anymore, it’s been 8 years so I know a lot has changed. If battery technology develops and range is better there will be a lot more E-vehicles on the roads.
I believe the next big thing will be hydrogen/electric hybrids. When only hydrogen is being used the electric motor will be recharging the battery.