Do police strike down hard on Motorized bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

Spinzy

Mar 16, 2021
I'm thinking of getting a 80cc motorized bike kit to put on some shitty Kmart bike although, I'm just a bit weary of whether or not police are very strict on them. I live in a fairly quiet Australian suburban neighbourhood in QLD with I have seen very few police drive through.

Reactions: fasteddy

jeffreykogan

Mar 1, 2021
I have an 80cc 4 stroke which is straight piped and very illegal, but no cop has ever stopped me. I have ridden right by them and some have even given me a thumbs up. Just pedal a bit to show that you are a moped (Mopeds are less restrictive).

Reactions: fasteddy

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
We had a few Australian members on here who were told to ride the bike home and not put it on the road again. Best thing you can do is stop off at the police station and ask. Better to ask than pay the fine and costs in court.

Then your drivers license might take a hit as well since I'm sure your laws are much like they are here in Canada.

Steve.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
We had a few Australian members on here who were told to ride the bike home and not put it on the road again. Best thing you can do is stop off at the police station and ask. Better to ask than pay the fine and costs in court.

Then your drivers license might take a hit as well since I'm sure your laws are much like they are here in Canada.

Steve.
Looked for Harry76 but he has not been on for some time. I remember a problem about Brisbane and riding.