Diy laid back seat post and bobber seat

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I'm always looking for options for fabricating needlessly expensive parts that are not only cooler and more effective but with stuff you have laying around or can easily find.

Welppp... I been looking for a bobber style bicycle seat and a laid-back or in this case laid forward seat post. (On account of me using the back seat post on the tandem).

Take an old straight seat post and the neck of a bike that is the same size around as your seat clamp diameter and cut the clamp end off , leaving the wedged end alone for now.

Cut the clamp end of the neck down so the straight post clamp end will fit entirely into the cut off clamp end and check for angle and weld. Sand and paint black. Done.

They want too much for a bobber seat replica for a bicycle sooo...

Comparing a saddle seat and bobber seat there isn't much difference EXCEPT the bobber seat typically shows more of the back seat springs so what I did was just trim the back of the bottom edge of the seat to expose the springs.

I ran out of hot glue but you can see how I trimmed the back of the seat down and made deep scratches in the plastic, from different angles to give the glue opposing directions to anchor to and along with the big anchor tacks are enough to keep it held together.

I will post more pics in a.min.

Attachments

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Because of the seat post position/swept forward crank are you able to flat foot both feet when stopped?? Yet have a slight knee bend when your pedal crank is in the furthest position.