Directions how to install engine kit on kent la jolla cruiser

Discussion in 'Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors' started by bajaracer1, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I'm positive it's your bike... but just to be 100%, I'll ask him who he bought it from, (& where). ;)

Also... If you're a engineer & build cars, motorcycles & billet prototypes?, why do you use zip ties to hold the gas tank on?? :confused:

#21 Venice Motor Bikes, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. bajaracer1

bajaracer1 New Member

It is my bike I think I remember him. I offered to help fix everything but he could not get here. Then he wanted a refund and then he started making treats. That's when I stopped replying.

3. Teratoma

Teratoma New Member

I skipped the zip-ties and stuck a piece of innertube under the tank for friction and mine hasn't moved. I bet a strip of velcro under there would work pretty well too.

4. skitchfish

skitchfish New Member

Venice, Wow! That was a good old fashioned scolding. LOL! Just wanted to let you know other people were reading this and I get what your saying even though he did not.

After reading that I"m quite sure i would not want to get on your bad side. Hope your not ticked because I thought it was a very entertaining rant. I realize being held liable and responsible is not a laughing or inexpensive matter.

5. JerryAssburger

Hey bajaracer1! Thanks for the build info. This was one of the bikes I was considering (I like the short-stocky look of the frame). I'm thinking if a person were willing to grind/mess with the front motor mount, you might gain enough room for a stock manifold install. The LaJollas are a good looking bike, for sure.