Dio reed valve issues

GoldenMotor.com

Chris7420

Jul 23, 2021
I installed this on my bike and am having troubles getting it running properly, it’s running super rich and 4 strokes a lot when I accelerate and fouls plugs very quick, I have the needle clip set to the leanest position and I tried all the pilot jet sizes that came with it, 0.41 0.39 and 0.38 it ran like crap with all those so I got more jets and went all the way down to 0.32 the smallest I got and it still doesn’t run good and fouls plugs. As you can see in my photos I also have a expansion chamber pipe and a high compression cylinder head and am running a windowed piston as well. I haven’t tried changing the main jet cause if I’m not mistaken the main jet is just for 3/4 - full throttle and I’m trying to get the low end dialed in before I bother with the main jet and the motor still needs to be broken in anyways. Cylinder is tourqed to 140 in/lbs and I’ve tried ngk br5hs br6hs and br7hs plugs and all the same results. I’ve tried adjusting the air/fuel screw to all different settings with all the jets I mentioned but it still wouldn’t run right. Any advice would be appreciated. Do I need to keep going down in jet size?

Attachments

Last edited: